evil_weevil

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sooo much fun!

Thanks to all for the hard work setting up and running the day..excellent job.

The only problem was it took too long to work out how to drive... with all the excitement/anticipation/adrenaline i completley forgot everything I ever knew (or at least, suspected) about important car controlly facts, like:

- understeer can't be cured with more throttle.

- car won't turn in while accelerating in 1st/2nd.

- foot off gas equals weight transfer onto front equals car go where fronts pointing.

- you can't do tight stuff without a handbrake. (actually I never new this one, but i got it now. My handbrakes a bit tired and rolly, mind)

just gotta work this stuff out the night BEFORE, not the night after.

J.

lol, damn these boats and their horrid ability to tame the high seas! :laugh:

Something I learnt is that I need a dif, and I have to tighten up my handbrake something savage... It didn't do a damn thing!

Ian - Fantastic stuff! Thanks for the great shots of my my Great White Whale (hehe).

Are you going to be doing the Thursday run? Can I get you to bring GD2ILA photos on a USB or SD if you are?

Again - thanks a lot.

Yes on the Thumbdrive, no on this week as i'm heading to Canberra on the Saturday so i'm saving the money/fuel but I should be down next week.

Doof: Hotmail account or different email for the desktop pics?

lol, damn these boats and their horrid ability to tame the high seas! :laugh:

Something I learnt is that I need a dif, and I have to tighten up my handbrake something savage... It didn't do a damn thing!

I also need these things, VLSD is of teh ghey and last time I checked my hand brake shoes they had bugger all meat left (like so little I probably shouldn't have been using it at all on Saturday :D )

Group buy on Cusco 1.5 way and Project Mu drift shoes? ;)

...The only problem was it took too long to work out how to drive... with all the excitement/anticipation/adrenaline i completley forgot everything I ever knew (or at least, suspected) about important car controlly facts, like:

- understeer can't be cured with more throttle.

- car won't turn in while accelerating in 1st/2nd.

- foot off gas equals weight transfer onto front equals car go where fronts pointing.

- you can't do tight stuff without a handbrake. (actually I never new this one, but i got it now. My handbrakes a bit tired and rolly, mind)

hahah spot on. its hard to think while everything is going on! skidpans really show up understeeritis. You were killing it by afternoon but I saw some hge slides from the clubby on the tight track in the morning.

I actually had my front suspension on the softest setting to let it roll to get the weight transfer since we were at such low speeds. Of course then again my springs are very hard by street standards 8/10.

Like Doof said, big difference between stock suspension and aftermarket coilovers.

lol, at the difference in body roll :D

alot of different factors, looks of your photo you are about to straighten up but still got lock, on power, Matt is just gone into a turn with more speed, maybe a bit under brakes with ALOT of weight transfer!

what else have you done with yours doof? looks good!

and matt, hurry up and buy some suspension mods :D

Very Awesome Shot

RB20 POWER

Love the picture Turismo was referring to!!! :D:D Such a great picture not to mention Loverley car :D (ZCR's silver 32)

This is Melly by the way I didn't realise Zane was logged in *fail*