SAU Community

R34 Gtr Lost Some Boost

saf_R34GTR

Hi,

I have a slightly modified R34 GTR and ever since attending a track day the car will not hit maximum boost like it used to prior to the event. The car is running HKS GT2530s with supporting mods and was tuned to make sure it 100% healthy before the track day. On the day I ran it at the low boost setting of 13.1 psi, which it was tune checked at. It is also tuned at high boost of 18.4 psi. The engine is super healthy as it made approx 276rwkw on low boost and 329rwkw at high boost when tuned and serviced before the track day. So, the symtpoms that I have are as follows;

Firstly, boost set at 18.4psi using HKS EVC V and prior ro event was seeing this easily. However, after the track day it is stuggling to hit this mark. It will see mid to high 17psi. FYI, it will continue to see the lowboost setting of 13.1 all the time.

Secondly, there is a fair bit of oil in the inlet pipes before the turbo. I have HKS intercooler piping with the inlet pipes before the turbo and I can see that I have oil collecting in them, expecially in the rear turbo.

Thirdly, there is a smell of burning eminating from the area closer to the rear turbo.

I have done some quick checks on the car and there is no smoke coming out of the exhaust, the turbos continue to spin very freely on shutdown and stop at exactly the same time, I have cleaned the oil residue from the inlet pipes. I have a Power FC and have monitored the hand controller and have not seen anything untoward on it, except that the injector duty cycle seem to be operating a little higher than before.

Can anyone help me by offering some advise on what checks I can do to maybe fix this or at least eliminate some possibilities, or even tell me what might be wrong with this prior to me taking this to the workshop. I have been told, by the workshop, that this could be due to the car not having a breather tank and after the track day with the oil getting hotter than ever, it would have breathed oil into the intake causing this problem.

Anyway, your assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers

It's usually a good idea to run a oil catch can at track days. With the oil in the intake piping, i would say it's possible the oil has lubed up 2 joins and has caused a very small boost leak