evil_weevil

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

race day sunday at wakie - hoping I can crack into the 1.13's!!

I have also aquired a set of slicks....dont know if I'll use them in this race...may wait for a supersprint to get used to them!

• 4 months later...

Long time between updates...

Raced at wakefield in June - car felt really off power.

I even had a swift Gti pull away from me down the straight.

I only managed a 1.14.3, had brand new semi's too

so took the car to a mates place after it, had 105-110 psi across all four.

after some research and talking to folks, got it to monaco performance just near newcastle - turns out the timing belt had skipped a tooth on the exh cam and put the timing all out. good job it is a non-interference motor. got it all fixed, oil change too, new plugs, back upto 170psi

car feels good once again so have entered a supersprint 2 weeks time just as more a practice run before MRA in october

now I want 1.13's!!

clappa - already done! according to natsift I am 3 seconds quicker - and according to his hand timing he is 15 seconds quicker LOL

ryan - no chance unless I have turbro powahs

I thought you had a hair drier... Oh wait...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Update!!!!

Best now is a 1.12.8 at wakie and 1.06.1 at SMP south.

Latest mods are straight through exhaust (no muffler!) and v70a semi slicks.

Bought a second hand adaptronic ecu, loom and map sensor too.

Just dropped car off at DVS tuning to fit it now.

Did a base run before ecu and got 77.6rwkw. When I got the exhaust mod done at mx5 mania it made 92rwkw. Yep, manias reads mega high!!!!

First race for the year is jan 27 for MRA in mx5 challenge

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• You may need two of these unless they are still in place: https://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/rear-seat-cushion-lower-anchor-assembly-suit-nissan-skyline-p-2091.html
    • These are sold all the time at Walmart and like others have said the angle is "more eco friendly". It is slightly cheaper. Oil-contaminated plastics cannot be recycled so less of it is better, but you need a whole bunch of extra stuff to handle this. You need probably one clean 5 quart oil jug you set aside to use as an intermediate holding tank. You need your local hazmat to return your oil catch pan AND you need to make sure whatever oil catch pan you use can hold engine oil without any risk of leaking during transport. Or you have dedicated used engine oil containers that your local curbside recycling will drain and return. Personally I have stuck to just buying 5 quart bottles because this is just too much mess to be worth the hassle.
    • Update...  After my last update there was two issues I ran into. The first was the driveshaft, mainly that I wanted a 1350 joint on both ends as I am making ~700+whp... Spicer makes a 1350 yoke out of the CD, but looking everywhere all I could find was 1310's for the rear diff face yoke for the R200 (Mine happens to be a z32 swap). Until I found Driftmotion out of CA makes billet R200 flange yokes, I reached out to them to verify if they offered an Old style R200 not the 350z style, and Arron said they had a few in both styles. Anyways Arron over there is awesome, so I gave him my measurements and a week or so later I got my new driveshaft. The fit up is solid, however I did need to remove the cup on the back of my CD as the shaft yoke was too wide to fit in the cup. The driveshaft is sorted and will handle everything I throw at it. I also tig'd up a mild steel trans mount. I used an energy suspension T56 trans mount as they work for the CD, it's universal so cheaper and easier to find. I made a decent mount, I am absolutely not a fabricator but It will work. I intend on replacing It at some point with something I model in CAD and send to send cut send. When I built it I used some trig to get the operating angles right since I did not have a driveshaft at the time. I left myself some gap to shim the trans up with plates to get it dialed in. The only thing that bugs me is I went a touch too narrow on the cross bar, but it supports and functions well.  However my current and persisting issue is with the clutch. The first pass of "Final" install on the trans I reused the pivot ball and fork from the CD as the setup was identical to what I was running on my RB big box. However once it was installed  it was clear I did not get the full travel only half. I thought it could be that I am running the transmission plate or the fact there is really 2 pivot ball sizes 41mm and 54mm. Mazworx was not super helpful and said "the bell housing was dimensionally the same an OEM one", and that I need to "use an RB26 push config" which is technically what I was using. So I ordered the 54mm pivot ball incase that is correct, Tonight I swapped it in and it also does not seem correct. I am going to spend some time researching, because I hope they don't mean I also need to run the stamped steel RB26 fork, and I want to avoid purchasing the $500 tilton kit. Either way this is where I am currently stuck... One other note about the Mazworx housing, the clutch slave provision does not fit either, so I will need to clearance material to make it sit flush with the mounting face. Side note, I am using a RB25 Spec twin disk clutch, It worked great on my previous box, their kit is the same for GTS-T and GTR so I don't think the clutch is the problem.  
    • 100%  I actually enjoy driving the Tiguan around, has adaptive dampers, launch control, TRI zone climate control. With the old set of tyres, Continental Sport Contact 5, it kept up to my friend's S13 going through Old Pac. Yeah of course, drove it literally just 2 months ago.
    • If you have an active leak it would be badly contaminated again by now....I'm pretty sure it is just residual. BTW I suggested checking under the oil cap, not radiator cap. Finally, cooling system pressure testers are cheap to buy, that will tell you with a reasonable degree of confidence if there is a leak anywhere in that system.