SAU Community

Rb26dett Issues

stormtrooper

I posted this in someone elses thread but doesn't look like it's been used for a while, that and I couldn't find anything else to help me with... so...

Having issues at the moment in my 32 GTR. Every now and then when it's cold it'll idle rough and accelerate rough aswel. It'll hunt at idle aswel and have to poke rev's at it to stop it from stalling.

I am taking out the spark plugs to have a look once the car cools down a little. I also had it running and pulled each coilpack off sparkplug as it was idling just to make sure I havn't for some stupid reason dropped a cylinder, and the result was the same for all.

Other than what I am going to do in a little, anyone else have any other suggestions?

-Chris

^^ What Mike said.

+ remove and inspect/clean the AAC Valve. Use carby cleaner only. There is an adjustment screw but no need to touch if it was idling fine before.

+ Double check all vacumm lines are loose/worn/split or have come off.... These are reaching 15+ years now so not surprising easy/chaep parts may need replaicng.

Thanks for all the input fellas, appreciate it.

Am about to go out and check the plugs, coil packs, harness is OK checked that before when I removed the valley cover, will have to check CA sensor aswel. Was idling fine before this.

Just checked spark plugs, the tops of them are corroded as all hell, going to replace them tomorrow. However, just had a mate come round for a 2nd opinion, took it for a drive and we noticed noise coming from the dump/cat area, sounds like I've blown a gasket somewhere, reckon this could be causing rough idle and rough acceleration?

Okie dokie. Plugs swapped out. Still has slight rough acceleration and idle and noise still coming from under floor passenger side so seems most likely gasket. Worth replacing it myself or taking it to a zorst center? can't actually see/hear exactly where it's coming from myself.

this cars had a new CAS put in so it shouldnt be the CAS

AAC is clean as a whistle cause i cleaned it myself and put a new gasket on it.

Intake gaskets were checked a while ago and all ok, no leaks.

Coil packs are 20 years old so might be time to swap, plus the plugs are approaching a year old.

ooohs, that could be fun heeh. Might get someone to do that one for me. But yeah, I replaced the spark plugs and idling better at the moment, not hunting as much. But still definitely sounds like a leak of some sort from under the passenger floor well. Going to take it to a zorst center on the weekend and have it looked at because I can't see where it's coming from if anywhere at all. But also reason I believe it's exhaust related is that it has a weird wrx-like burble while feathering the throttle during downshifts and the like, hard to explain.

Meanwhile, hope you havn't had any further issues with yours :)

yeah it sounds like the exact problem i had with the leak. Pop your head under there and you can smell and hear it coming outta the front of the cat. Chris, i forgot to have a look at the painted bay on the antilag cruise, doh! Got any pics up yet? i noticed i lost quite a bit of top end with the leak too

Nah nothing to report from my side of the fence :)

Lost top end in my GTR with the leak? Yeah, I seem to have lost a bit of top , I though I'd accidentally set my boost controller down to about 12psi hehe. Looks like I'm going to be getting a gasket replaced then ....

I havn't had a chance to get the bolts for the timing belt cover so I havn't put it back on yet heh.

Glad to hear your's is all good, love that machine... aaaah GTR's ... nothing but the best will do :)