SAU Community

Installing Takata 4 Point Harness...

xanavinismo

Hi all,

I am about to install my Takata 4 Point harness in my R34 GT-R (drivers seat) but am not sure where to put the eye bolt for the left inner mount (centre console side) for the harness to wrap around the side of the seat.

I am aware that the two rear mounts replace the standard rear seat belt mounts, and the right side 'front' one replaces the drivers seat belt mount but what about the last one on the inside?

I have attached two pictures for reference as to what im talking about.

Cheers for any info/help!

post-38738-1251860507_thumb.jpg

post-38738-1251860523_thumb.jpg

Edited by xanavinismo

Replacing the buckles bolt with the eye bolt wont resolve that issue for you?

and the shoulder pads should really go to the child restraint mounts as the angle of the belt should be as close to horizontal as possible.

Replacing the buckles bolt with the eye bolt wont resolve that issue for you?

and the shoulder pads should really go to the child restraint mounts as the angle of the belt should be as close to horizontal as possible.

Yeah the buckles bolt is part of the seat and not on the centre console... also from the pics it seems that the harness could not have been bolted that way. Looks like its coming from the rear of the seat.

So I ended up replacing the 14mm bolt for the drivers seat mount (transmission tunnel side) with the eye bolt for the 'left waist belt' to hook on to... if that makes any sense. :P Would this be okay?

Yeah the buckles bolt is part of the seat and not on the centre console... also from the pics it seems that the harness could not have been bolted that way. Looks like its coming from the rear of the seat.

So I ended up replacing the 14mm bolt for the drivers seat mount (transmission tunnel side) with the eye bolt for the 'left waist belt' to hook on to... if that makes any sense. :) Would this be okay?

yep, seats mount hole on the tunnel should be fine

• 6 months later...

Sorry to revive an older thread, but would there be any possibility of some photos showing the mounting points you used for the harnesses please?

I'm just trying to fit a set of 4-points in my R34 and trying to identify the best possible place...

Many thanks,

J.

Sorry to revive an older thread, but would there be any possibility of some photos showing the mounting points you used for the harnesses please?

I'm just trying to fit a set of 4-points in my R34 and trying to identify the best possible place...

Many thanks,

J.

Check this out:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Pi....html&st=40

scroll down about 2/3rd's of the page and you might find what your after...