SAU Community

FS Hybrid Intercooler kit for R32,33,34

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ming come out for few runs this weekend.

We got DC5, 200sx, and Supra TT and maybe few others.

druzilla32, whether there is lag or not really depends on what sort of turbo you have and how your ECU is tuned. Its got nothign to do with the intercooler. I dont have any lag problem at all because my car is tuned.

The intercooler makes your pod sounds louder and nicer. It does not change the sound of your BOV.

I can show you mine if you live in sydney.

the only mods i have are catback (get my dump/front and highflow cat in a day or 2) pod filter and boost at 14psi. I dont mind if the turbo slowly shits itself as i plan to go bigger. I am aiming for about 180rwkw.

If i get a reading of 14psi without the fmic.. Will i get a higher reading after its hooked up, say 16psi? Should i turn the boost down then or is it ok cuz the turbo is still only pushing about 14psi..

I want it at about .9bar as i dont often hit boost during the day and at night rarely go over .6bar

oops forgot to ask you this, Jet.

I have the factory electric fan for the A/C unit, would this need to be moved/ modified for the intercooler fitment ?

eek.. i hope not... I havent realy thought about the stuff i may need to remove.. All i knew is that i wanted a fmic.. so i got one...

I havent seen it yet.. Its getting delivered today :) Im so excited.

So yer, what has to be removed for the cooler?

Any other hints for installation you may want to share? Im gona give it a chop on the weekend.

I fitted my hybrid to my r32 last weekend the only things i needed to modify were:

1. The fanblades and shroud need to be trimmed for the top pipe to fit.

2. Both top pipe and the cooler bottom brackets were way off so i had to make my own.

3.Had to give my gtr front bar a haircut for that to fit properly too.

Other than that it was all good. Took about 8 hours and 10 beers :) It was the first one i'd done.

i put mine on last saturday.. started at 12 finished at 6.. That included playing a few card games and some pizza :)

I can realy notice the difference when i am by myself at night time... it seems to hold boost a lot better now.. from 4500rmp onwards its way better, + i seem to get better fuel consumption, ALSO i cant hear my car missfire anymore.

I didnt have to trim the front bar or anything. I just moved the horns up a bit.

I will post some pics of it later.. looks awesome. Thanks Jet!