SAU Community

Whats The Deal With Xforce?

popinr33

I bought an X-Force cat and noticed a fair difference going from de-cat pipe to that...both power and sound. The RB lost alot of raspyness that it had with the straight pipe. I'm pretty sensitive to changes in the feel of an engine/car though (I get very paranoid about engine problems and the like).

One thing I didn't like about it was the sensor that plugs into the cat...the bung on the cat wasn't the correct size to fit it in. Also the flanges it came with weren't that good when it came to lining up.

Long story short I'm back to de-cat goodness and washing the back of my car every couple of weeks.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine all lined up nicely and the sensor fitted perfectly

mind you i did get the full system with the cat for the 33 so i guess thats why.

Perhaps the cat you got was just a generic 3" so just had the most common cat converter sensor size in it?

I got a quote today for a 3 1/2in X-force turbo back stainless system for $1600 supplied. I was gonna probably go with the xforce but after reading this i probably wont with all this about the cat business, is there another simliar alternative that would bolt on like the xforce and wont cost too much more?

I got a quote today for a 3 1/2in X-force turbo back stainless system for $1600 supplied. I was gonna probably go with the xforce but after reading this i probably wont with all this about the cat business, is there another simliar alternative that would bolt on like the xforce and wont cost too much more?

You have to pay to play.

As mentioned if you dont have 300+rwkw there fine, if you are aiming for 300+rwkw then you better be prepared to spend money, cheap isnt an option if you want it reliable.

the odd backfire would point towards airflow meter, or on a cold night the air is alot thicker (more oxygen in it) could be a bit lean, reasons are many for back fire, no offence but your giving miss infomation.

no offence mate, but your miss information is way worse. cold air is not thicker at all. air density decreases with an increase of altitude, as does air pressure, nothing to do with air temp, although o2 is more present in air with a higher density and lower temp.

back on topic, im keen on a x force cat too, does anyone know the length of it? i know the stock cat for an r32 gtst is 310mm, so hoping the xforce will be very similar.

Edited by adamskill

I Have a full xforce 3.5inch turbo back on my R32gtr, for 2years now it has been flawless, it also gives out a wonderful RB26 note very deep tough sound. I have the xforce metal cat and make 362rwkw and I don't have any of these issues others are talking about.I tried a decat ran it up on the dyno and only lost 3kw. I did this out of curiosity back then as I to wanted to see the flow restriction I thought it would have.

Well hardly any and with this power my Garrett turbo -9s became the restriction not my exhaust. So honestly i say they are great and don't believe everything you here.

Cheers,

Dave