SAU Community

Greddy Remote Oil Filter Sandwich Plate

Big Zil

I have discovered that I have an oil leak at my oil filter sandwich plate in my R33 GTR. It must have been happening for a while as there is dry greasy oil all over my front diff and is also spreading down my sump. I have put the car up on blocks, removed the bash plate to have a closer look but things are pretty tight given the sandwich plate sits just above the front diff and behind the engine mount and I cannot get a good view of where the leak is actually coming from. Working from the top, I removed the PCM valve and extended my arm under the sandwich plate and it was quite wet with oil, however, not sure if the leak is from the earls hose connections or the sandwich plate itself.

I assume these sandwich plates screw on like an oil filter and have a rubber o-ring to seal correctly?

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks for the update. Certainly all points to the sandwich plate at the moment which is the part that is covered in most of the oil. Either it's the o-ring or whoever installed this before I took ownership of the vehicle didn't tighten it enough.

I doubt it's the tightness, as the oil pressure will help make the seal (similar to an oil filter).

Although, it could have been over tightened. I think if you over do it the seal can tear.

Oil leaks huh. Pain. I think one of my rocker covers sprung a leak recently :)

unfortunately the sandwich plates are a common leakage point, they are tricky to get on straight (sfa room) and you should never over tighten as there is a rubber seal.

last time i had a sandwich plate leak i took it to a mechanic and paid them to go through the pain. some jobs aren't worth it