SAU Community

R30 4dr For Sale!

GTR30

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1982 L20ET 4 door bog stock orginal R30.

one of the first to arrive in Aust over ten years ago. Imaculate inteirior, and well kept motor.

HR30 GT 4dr

L20ET, dyno'd - 115kw @ wheels (totally stock, not even a cooler) 240k on the clock

blitz BOV, Pod Filter, 10mm custom leads thats it in the way of motor mods. (most things have simply been renewed/rebuilt to keep it fit, list too long so i won't go into it)

Lowered on a set of custom King springs, and adjustable Koni's

Rolling on 15inch Work, E-wing rims using standard 5 speed short box (rebuilt x 2) Exedy HD clutch

standard brakes, just bendex ultra something pads.....

Very clean inside and under bonnet just needs some panel love from someone who has the time.

Will be very sad to see her go but thems the breaks.

Have opted for a Chaser to replace my daily drive but i'm still a Nismo fan through and through but Chaser's do kick ass

If you were asking $750.00 you might get some interest, but a Paul Newman version coupe sold for about $6500.00 in ACT about a year ago and the new owner can't get that for it now and you want $7500.00 for a stocky HR30 sedan.

There are DR30's on offer for between $6 & 8000.00 and they can't get any interest either.

Your selling to a very small market and most people already have their ride.

I wish you luck, because your going to need every bit you can muster at that price.

Cheers, D

i just sold my completely stock HR30 4 door $1000 and that was with brand new radiator thermo fans and new tyres so i think you will be pushing sh** uphill with apitchfork to get 7500 for yours

do r30's have the same demand in arabia as the C-series skylines? maybe they'll pay that much??

i dont like putting people down here but im just about to spend the same money on an R33 coupe. hmmmm.... R30 or R33... hmmmm... you see what im sayin?

(dont worry guys the c210 aint going ANYWHERE!)

Edited by Silent Shadow

Hi,

OK, the (negotiable) asking price is high but there is another way of looking at it.

Imagine you've bought a 'bargain' R30 (nothing special but in fair condition). What would it cost to "do it up" to the level of GTR30's car? Add the cost of a full re-trim, springs, wheels and tyres, engine modifications, brakes, repaint, etc... What would all that cost? My guess is at least $5000 which is approaching the price listed here on the for sale thread.

As Ghostrider mentioned, it's a limited market and there are plenty of other $7000 cars out there. There's hope though, buying isn't always a rational decision. :yes:

JH

well everyone's point of view is appreciated, some more than others but they way i see it is if it doesn't sell then i'll just have to hold onto it... other than the paint it is in extremely good condition for it's age and ultimately if i could i would get it painted and put it on blocks, tuck it away somewhere quiet because some time down the line someone will be gagging for a factory stock example.

yes you can buy an r32/33 for similar prices but how many of those do you see getting around?

yes the market is small for r30's that is the whole reason for the price, it is 'rare'

yes it needs new paint but if it had that a much higher price tag wouldn't be unrealistic.

do r30's have the same demand in arabia as the C-series skylines? maybe they'll pay that much??

i dont like putting people down here but im just about to spend the same money on an R33 coupe. hmmmm.... R30 or R33... hmmmm... you see what im sayin?

(dont worry guys the c210 aint going ANYWHERE!)

No, there is virtually no demand for r30's in Kuwait etc. They aren't into the body shape, and all their C210's have L28 conversions. Arabs in Australia may pay up to $500 for R30's which then promptly get cuts to bits and shipped as spares for the C210s. The bodys and L24s get thrown away. While they aren't really popular, some Arabs drive 280zxs, or at least are prepared to pay a little more to strip them for L28 conversions.

Oddly, despite the STUPID amount of money they spend shipping, L28ing, converting C210s/240ks to LHD, registering them, smashing and fixing them they don't have much interest in 240zs, 260zs (even US LHD cars) due to higher initial purchase costs. I guess part of the Arab mentality is that they have to feel like they are getting a bit of a bargain, as well as the car they want.

Errr... not that I'd ever wish that David's (or anyone else's) Skyline ends up as a body shell, I have a great contact for scrap metal removal in Melb. There's usually a bit of beer money in it for the seller.

ha.. beer money!!

considering i'm a bar manager one thing i don't need is more beer :)

good thought though

and yes it is a sad thing to see a genuine r30 import scrapped or stacked

The best advice I can give you is try getting it listed in Japan. R30's have reached cult status in Japan and finding them in anything like reasonable condition is getting more difficult everyday.

But first I would be very certain of the specifications you quote as the Japanese know all, when it comes to their own cars. I'm referring to your bog stock, no mods 115kW @ the wheels on a dyno, as the factory specs say 145ps which converts to 106.65kW at the flywheel and StagefummerII in NZ did heaps of mods to his L20et to get 140 something kW @ wheels. It's eazy to blow smoke up peoples asses here in Oz as most suffer from NFI syndrome & don't have a clue if it's right or wrong.

I can't see them being of any significant value for many years to come and maybe 10 or 20, or even 30, when they are so rare in Australia, owning one will be a novelty. A bit like the genuine vintage cars of early 1900's are today. The two (2), I have will never be sold, or not in my life time, so my kids might get some financial benefit from them.

The Paul Newman version doubled in value the minute he was confirmed dead, but ONLY in Japan.

For some reason the R30 is regarded very highly in Japan, but not in Oz as it is a very niche market & only the diehards really want them. Interestingly enough, lots of old R30 owners in Oz are trying to buy them again as they find driving GTR's, EVO's, Rex's etc so much more boring & without the challenges our R30's have. Sure they go quick, but technology has taken over the driving skills necessary to drive old cars quick.

Like most things, our toys stay OUR toys and the $$$$'s, love and devotion that gets put into them reaps zero cash reward when & if they are needed to be sold. Doesn't matter how rare anyone thinks it is, it's really only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it and that often is "current market value" and if that's not to your likeing, it's tough if it HAS to be sold.

As I said before, your going to need a lot of luck to pass it off for the money you believe it's worth.

Cheers, D

$1000 was a joke offer David!, It would likely see closer to $3000 or so in the state I saw it in.

Can vouch that it goes great! I especially luved the 80's turbo kickin the back style setup one boost is hit!

All it really needs is a bit of TLC up the front, and a stock coloir re-spray,,, oh and a L28 with some balls bits bolted on!

$1000 was a joke offer David!, It would likely see closer to $3000 or so in the state I saw it in.

Can vouch that it goes great! I especially luved the 80's turbo kickin the back style setup one boost is hit!

All it really needs is a bit of TLC up the front, and a stock coloir re-spray,,, oh and a L28 with some balls bits bolted on!

i have a guy that has a L28ET i could chuck straight in... T3 as well for $2k... all it would need is the long box not my short one (which is quite hard to find apparently)

Still not big enough, Ive grown another inch or so since doing 6 months of light duties and physio!

I have a permanent lump on me noggin from banging against the seatbelt mount on the pillar...

A coupe is the end goal... just gotta find one that is a good price!