SAU Community

Hi guys,

Last night I was assembling my 26/30 I've just built from what was left of the rb26 out of my r34 gtr.

I went to line the clutch up as you do with an old input shaft that I have used previously to line the clutch up on my r33 gtst however it wouldn't fit :S

Does anybody know if the input shaft of the getrag 6 speed from the 34 gtrs or if gtrs in general have a different input shaft compared to the gtst?

I've tried a search but came up empty :blush:

Thanks in advance!

Mark

yeah you need a clutch to suit the getrag input shaft. the 34 GTT or 33 GTST box is not a getrag. the 6 speed GTR box is completely different and input shaft is different size and splines. to top it off the old nismo 34 GTR clutch kit came with a new input shaft for the getrag box as they were a known weak point (twisting I believe) so you may be unlucky and find that the previous owner had a nismo clutch and now you'll need a clutch to match that particular shaft.

hang on, just realised you just want to align the clutch before you fit it up yeah? you actually still have the gearbox to mate up. well some driveline place should have a clutch aligning tool that will fit the getrag type clutch. sorry for the useless rant above! lol. shouldn't be more than $20 or $30 for a getrag type clutch alignment tool.

Thanks for the answers guys!

Yeah, kind of what I suspected :blink:

The previous owner told me that when he had the clutch changed by Advan in Sydney they had great trouble in finding one that would fit and the comment from the mechanic was that the gearbox wasn't standard the standard r34 gtr box, which I did find rather hard to believe :blush:

I guess it would make sense that I may have a Nismo input shaft.. Could you be nice enough to link me somewhere that has details on how I could identify the Nismo item compared to the stock?

Cheers :)