SAU Community

Workshop Being Dodgy

zerotohundred

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like if someone sleeps in your bed or uses your bath towel....you want to know about it. :P

well if it's the same bed that some japanese dude slept in for like 3 years before it went to a yard for 6 months waiting to get auctioned off, then on ship across the pacific and then again another couple of months at the docks in Freo....then yes I would like to know :(

but seriously, I do agree that most workshops here have very little care factor when it comes to customers cars.

I had my beemer curbed by one...then just 3 days ago I sent a car to one of the w.shops in the consolidated w/shop thread for a pre purchase inspection, they were more than happy to take my money but never even got back to me with a report or bothered to call. Ended up calling them and got a "yea everything is ok" reply....but I seriously think that's AUD180 that was better spent elsewhere.

so dont let little issues stress you out mate. just take it as lesson learned and avoid that w/shop at all costs.

I took a lancer into a dealer to get serviced and it came back with the back end smashed up...they said a pajero had hit it in the workshop...even if this was true it just goes to show that many don't take care with other people's cars.

At the end of the day it's worse than what you expect a rent a car to go through. I work with dealers often and between the sales staff and mechanics I'm surprised more stuff doesn't get screwed up with things like redlining on a cold start to handbrake turns in the parking lot. It's one of the 'perks' of being around different cars. Most wouldn't pass up the opportunity to give a car some beans.

You're probably stuck with them on the warranty job though if they haven't fixed the original issue properly.

2km, 80 kph....Meh.

Im sure you have done a lot worse to the car then they did.

Sounds like they may have just used it to pick up a part or something like that. I agree that they should have sought your permission and so on, but at the end of the day, no harm was done.

I think there's 2 lots of opinions here.

1: The guy who tracks his car and thrashes it.

2: The guy who loves his car and baby's it.

#1 is saying who cares and #2 is saying you should. I fall under the category of #1, but I would still care if someone took my car to the shop to get lunches and didn't inform me of it, ask my permission, and denied using it.

They may have pussy-footed the car but they may have drift-linked 5 streets, the big issue here though is trust. What they did is technically theft. You cannot take a car without the owner's consent and there is no reason to test drive a car that had panel work done.

What if they had written the car off? What if the cops caught them slamming it into a corner and impounded the car under the hoon law? What if they had blown the engine or transmission and told the owner that they didn't drive it and it came to them like that? There are too many what if's to bring into play here.

The bottom line is that they did it without permission, and the owner loves his car and trusted the body shop to do the right thing, and they failed.

let me take your car for a 2.6k drive, I promise i wont take it above 80ks.

then youll see how much of a big deal it is..........

basicly you dont f**k with other peoples cars.

So how is that any different to a workshop doing work to it and then taking it for a test drive to confirm everything is ok before they give it back to you ?

Seriously you guys need to toughen up a bit, or do the work yourselves :bunny:

So how is that any different to a workshop doing work to it and then taking it for a test drive to confirm everything is ok before they give it back to you ?

Seriously you guys need to toughen up a bit, or do the work yourselves :)

why would they need to test drive for panel work?

I think there's 2 lots of opinions here.

1: The guy who tracks his car and thrashes it.

2: The guy who loves his car and baby's it.

#1 is saying who cares and #2 is saying you should. I fall under the category of #1, but I would still care if someone took my car to the shop to get lunches and didn't inform me of it, ask my permission, and denied using it.

They may have pussy-footed the car but they may have drift-linked 5 streets, the big issue here though is trust. What they did is technically theft. You cannot take a car without the owner's consent and there is no reason to test drive a car that had panel work done.

What if they had written the car off? What if the cops caught them slamming it into a corner and impounded the car under the hoon law? What if they had blown the engine or transmission and told the owner that they didn't drive it and it came to them like that? There are too many what if's to bring into play here.

The bottom line is that they did it without permission, and the owner loves his car and trusted the body shop to do the right thing, and they failed.

^^wht he said. and thts wat the nice ppl at consumer affairs said as well.

Which of these happened in this case? None? So the problem is?

I can understand being pissed off and i probably wouldnt go back to the shop. Would i tarnish the company on forums? No. Would i contact consumer affairs? Well, i have several other way to entertain myself. Consumer affairs will tell you everything you want to hear and then do nothing as there is no evidence.....your RSM is not evidence. Unless you have a full GPS Data logger to show dates, times and locations, then you technically have nothing in a court of law.

However, feel free to keep us updated :)

Which of these happened in this case? None? So the problem is?

I can understand being pissed off and i probably wouldnt go back to the shop. Would i tarnish the company on forums? No. Would i contact consumer affairs? Well, i have several other way to entertain myself. Consumer affairs will tell you everything you want to hear and then do nothing as there is no evidence.....your RSM is not evidence. Unless you have a full GPS Data logger to show dates, times and locations, then you technically have nothing in a court of law.

However, feel free to keep us updated :)

yes none of those things happenned, consumer affairs told me that i can file a complaint, go to court,, blah blah blah.. i wont be doing any of that. i'm not really looking to do anything at all, apart from trying to get the manager to tell me exactly wat happenned. 2.5ks and 80km/h isnt much but that dosent mean i shud be ok with my car being driven around without reason by someone else.

yes none of those things happenned, consumer affairs told me that i can file a complaint, go to court,, blah blah blah.. i wont be doing any of that. i'm not really looking to do anything at all, apart from trying to get the manager to tell me exactly wat happenned. 2.5ks and 80km/h isnt much but that dosent mean i shud be ok with my car being driven around without reason by someone else.

What did they say about your evidence?

:)

Why did you contact them if you didnt want them to do anything?