SAU Community

Would A Z32 Work On A Standard R32 Ecu?

IM-32-FK

nope... wont work. get an apexi SAFC 1 or 2, easiest way to run z32 afm.

can you explain to me what it exactly does? air flow converter? how much does it cost, how easily available is it?

so, your basically telling me i need to change the computer in my car to the z32 to work? how effective are the piggyback ecu's?

Edited by IM-32-FK

Get your ECU remapped. Will do a much better job than an SAFC

can you get a stock r32 ecu remapped? shouldnt i just buy a aftermarket ecu?

sorry if im asking stupid/obvious questions, but i have moved from N/A to Turbocharged, and boy, there is so much stuff to learn that its overwhelming.

safc might not be the greatest way... but i did that because i couldnt afford to have my ecu missing for a week. i bought a safc on ebay, installed it on the weekend, got it set up and road tuned by myself with an a/f gauge before i had to drive to work on the monday.. and any changes i made after could be retuned in.. not have to send the ecu away again. now that im selling the car.. i have removed the bits and pieces and the safc and everything is as normal.

aftermarket ECU or remap is the best option though.

Nistune will cost you $200 and probably $100 to get some one to adjust the afm setting or you can tell me what ecu model you are using and i could send you a stock tune adjusted to suit the Z32

woah, you can connect your ecu to your computer and change the ecu settings through your computer? the r32 ecu just sits on the bottom left of the passenger seats just right next to the feet right...?

Buy the Nistune chip software and cable and you have a real time tunable ecu

Buy the Nistune chip software and cable and you have a real time tunable ecu

id rather not tune it myself, as im still new to the tuning scene. Besides, im not going to fork out $400+ just to get my z32 working. How much does it cost to get your car tuned at a workshop?

id rather not tune it myself, as im still new to the tuning scene. Besides, im not going to fork out $400+ just to get my z32 working. How much does it cost to get your car tuned at a workshop?

Tunning the car just to take the Z32 will require it to be chipped and that will probably cost a couple of $100 to start with you are better off paying the $400 and adjusting this single setting your self very easy to do 1 drop down menu involved and it will at least mean when you do want the car tuned properly you are just paying for dyno time

i got my nistune supplied and fitted at status tuning, and they did the plug for the z32, i think it came to $700 or $750.

couldnt be happier.