SAU Community

Oil Change Intervals

Nismo_DriftKing

Hi guys

I do change my engine oil every 5000k with Motul-turbolight 10-40. I am planning to go with Castrol magnatec 10-40 with every 3000k oil change; just want to know which method is better...........

Engine: RB25DET Series 2 with 91000KM

thanks in advance :)

personally i do motul turbo light 10w-40 every 4-5k. and i drive it pretty close to granny spec.

Turbo light is a full synth oil for aus standards (78% or more), however they don't publish it on the bottle as its a euro brand and they have very strict laws. i found that according to the rating of the bottle the turbo light had higher synth % that some full synth pentrite oils.

I agree that its how often you change it, though! not how good the oil is. Although i reckon that it takes 500km for oil to "burn in" so 3k changes would be almost over kill. depends on your driving style though!

Anyways i think check the bottle and standards and work out how "semi syth" is magnatec % wise and then compare it turbo light(i would be interest in the results).

I'm sticking to turbolight personally(wait when the 20% store wide sales are on and pick up 3-4 bottle and u pay like 45 bucks for 5L :) ).

Please don't put Castrol oil in, especially not magnashite (I know 2 people whove had their engines destroyed by Castrol oil).. I would only use German Castrol or if I were desperate the EDGE line.. If I were you I would just pay afew more bucks and get a better cheap brand like pennzoil or penrite

I was told by a mechanic who does alot of work on skylines not to use it.

He took apart a seized quad cam mustang engine and he said it turned into a thick sludge at the top of an engine, blocked it up or something.

He recommended semi or fully synthetic 10 - 40W for a GTS-T with about 100k on the clock.

I do mine every 5,000kms, genuine nissan oil filter and 5w30 Repsol Competition Full synthetic , if i am going to take it to a track day or anything like that i am going to use 10w60 Alfa Romeo Racing oil.