SAU Community

Racepace Built R34 Gtr Nur Rb28 V-cam

I'd like to see some before and after proof of the V-Cam system working (i.e. actually tuned correctly)... I'm in very close contact with the HKS tuner from Sydney and it's not just as simple as what you've put down.

HKS people will tell you getting the f-con software and dongle is impossible but it is available if you know the right people, 4k and its yours.... in english. i have no doubt beno did the v-cam in his sleep :blink:

Just another admirer of this amazing build. You've built something totally unique, tasteful, and still personalised.

It would take a lot of balls to spend this much on a Skyline. I dare say a few people have scoffed and asked why you didn't buy one of the exotics, but i'm glad we're not all the same, or builds like this wouldn't happen. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the Amazing build Matt,

For those discussing the V-cam, I found this clip from best motoring where Tsuchia takes out the HKS Driving Performer 34 GTR which is fitted with V-cam. Just something to look at.

The HKS 34 comes in around the 5min mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCCq4n-N0_o...=PL&index=8

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a noob question, but why did you lose the EBD, trac control, stability control? Can it not be maintained with these modifications? Is it simply a computer thing? In the cars that I am used to modifing you can keep these features even when running 400rwkw.

By the way, this is a very classy car. you should be proud.

school holidays huh??

pretty sure R34 GTR never came out with any of that stuff

No not school holidays, just an honest question. Stability control is something you would expect on a car of this caliber.

Don't jump to conclusions.

definitely no stability control... well, not in the Euro type sense. No TC i'm pretty sure either. GT-T has it though.

EBD???

EBD: Electronic Brake Force Distribution

It says earlier in the thread this feature was lost.

Mate,

Awesome car. I've got a 2002 R34 M Spec Nur GTR tuned from factory by Mines. Puts outs 425KW at all four wheels. Scary fast. It's had over NZ$350k invested into it over the years and has a full Mines VX Titanium exhaust.

You can check it out here: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=259634078

Look forward to hearing about your future plans and progress with the Nur.

Cheers

Phil

No not school holidays, just an honest question. Stability control is something you would expect on a car of this caliber.

EBD wasn't lost as the car never had it.

I think you were getting confused with what Matt thought was a little scary about having this car WITHOUT a million electronic aids, ie relative to a R35. Not that he laments the fact of 'losing' them.

The car has ATESSA (sp?) torque split type 4WD, that's the 'safety' net i guess you could say

SS8_Gohan Posted Today, 06:28 PM

QUOTE (DJBarnstar @ 21 Dec 2009, 03:25 PM)

EBD wasn't lost as the car never had it.

I think you were getting confused with what Matt thought was a little scary about having this car WITHOUT a million electronic aids, ie relative to a R35. Not that he laments the fact of 'losing' them.

The car has ATESSA (sp?) torque split type 4WD, that's the 'safety' net i guess you could say

Yes, SS8_Gohan is spot on with the explanation.

I didn't mean to create confusion. BNR34 came with NO electronic stability aids, only ATTESA (acronym for Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All-Terrain).

Cheers

Matt

R34GTRMSpecNUR Posted Today, 04:10 PM

Mate,

Awesome car. I've got a 2002 R34 M Spec Nur GTR tuned from factory by Mines. Puts outs 425KW at all four wheels. Scary fast. It's had over NZ$350k invested into it over the years and has a full Mines VX Titanium exhaust.

You can check it out here: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=259634078

Look forward to hearing about your future plans and progress with the Nur.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks Phil! Your car is well known internationally! I drew inspiration from your car and a few other well known ones - the Top Secret Competizione R34; Jay's JDMEgo R34 in The States; 'Darkchild's BNR34 from Malaysia etc.

Please don't sell it (if you were thinking about selling it)

I love your car in black as well.

Cheers

Matt

OK, That was the explanation I was after. I can see how it would be rather hairy, but that is half the fun of it. I think you need to take it to the track.... Wakefield maybe... a bit far for you I know, but thats my local. Once again... Enjoy!

I have been a good boy all year, so Santa rewarded me with some of JDM's finest for Christmas....

Nismo Heaven! Dry carbon spoiler flap - supposedly 750g weight saving (big deal) and more downforce at speed due to raised gurney at the trailing edge according to Nismo. To me its an obsession with carbon fibre!

dscf0153x.jpg

dscf0154z.jpg

dscf0158q.jpg

dscf0155.jpg

Fitted:

dscf0224y.jpg

dscf0228n.jpg

dscf0229r.jpg

dscf0231n.jpg

Look at the perfectly symmetrical and even dry carbon weave up close:

dscf0213.jpg

dscf0218.jpg

dscf0212.jpg

Even the striation of the weave is visible. Unlike 'wet' carbon, there is NO gloss clear resin overlay on 'dry' carbon. I UV protected it with a few coats of 'Zaino'

dscf0232t.jpg

Next up Garage Defend Carbon Cooling radiator panel. The supposed benefit is that the panel will divert more air to the intercooler and radiator. But again its my obsession with carbon fibre again!

dscf0162w.jpg

dscf0165f.jpg

Installed:

dscf0167z.jpg

dscf0233q.jpg

dscf0234s.jpg

dscf0235.jpg

Continued next post....

Last, thank you to Import Monster, I was able to get my hands on these out of production Tein RS Circuit Master from Yahoo Japan. There are rare and are hard to acquire. The spring rates are F12K R10K with helper spring setup. Fully damper and rebound adjustable. The cool reservoir oil canisters look trick. The shock cylinders are fully anodized aluminum in cool Tein green. The surface is textured with fine vertical striae for a more 'upmarket' feel. The sturt tops are a bit weathered because they are 'used' afterall. They will be overhauled and revalved in custom Racepace spec in the New Year most likely by Fulcrum in QLD who is the official Tein distributor in Australia. The Racepace suspension setup is proven on a number of competitive Targa and circuit cars.

Enough of specs, now the pictures:

Front:

dscf0170i.jpg

dscf0176x.jpg

dscf0201ls.jpg

dscf0203e.jpg

dscf0205m.jpg

dscf0207g.jpg

dscf0196e.jpg

dscf0177u.jpg

Rear:

dscf0181t.jpg

dscf0194e.jpg

dscf0186x.jpg

dscf0187z.jpg

dscf0183u.jpg

dscf0208.jpg

dscf0207g.jpg

Yes, I know I am insane and obsessed with my build. A birdie tells me I need some serious counseling in 2010. :)

Happy New Year everyone! Safe Driving!

Cheers

Matt