SAU Community

Racepace Built R34 Gtr Nur Rb28 V-cam

Interior is looking awesome man, your car is a motherflippen nice example of a modified GTR haha

...aaaand, quoted cos i dont think anyone seen it on the bottom of last page haha

Just a quicK question about the v-cam. What is the actual benefit ? More mid range ? Top end ? Fuel economy haha ?

I've said it before Matt, but mate - I LOVE this car.

It's my second favourite GT-R, of course I love mine more :D I'm loving seeing the rare bits and pieces you source through us making it onto the car. I spoke to Chris yesterday and he said drilling the holes for the harness was a nervous moment for all involved ;)

Keep up the great work, I keep wondering when you will consider this "finished".

thrtytwo Posted 12 Apr 2010, 12:18 PM

Just a quicK question about the v-cam. What is the actual benefit ? More mid range ? Top end ? Fuel economy haha ?

Sorry thrtytwo for not responding earlier. With regards to the V Cam, I have chosen the mildest version - V Cam Step I, Type A that enables valve timing 90-120 degress, valve lift 8.6mm, duration IN 248. The actual benefit is readily perceivable when driving with better low end torque and pick up; quicker revving and overall drivability. The mid range is definitely improved to give a much flatter power curve; without the typical dip (of the power vs rpm curve) in the lower rev range. Top end power in my setup is largely unaffected as the Cam profile is mild only.

Fuel economy theoretically should be better, but since I rev the engine pretty hard whenever I get a chance to drive, I have no real idea. The way I drive I would lucky to get 18-20L/100km!!!!!

Import Monster Posted Today, 05:34 PM

I've said it before Matt, but mate - I LOVE this car.

It's my second favourite GT-R, of course I love mine more I'm loving seeing the rare bits and pieces you source through us making it onto the car. I spoke to Chris yesterday and he said drilling the holes for the harness was a nervous moment for all involved

Keep up the great work, I keep wondering when you will consider this "finished".

Thanks Aaron!

There is so much fun and excitement in sourcing those rare, genuine, JDM out of production items with the help from Import Monster. Its like 'treasure hunting' every time I log on and browse through the hundreds of R34 GTR specific items on Yahoo Japan! I swear its becoming an addiction.

Just from memory, I have been able to get some pretty rare bits and pieces: Tein RS suspension; Nismo 2002 harnesses; Nismo cigarette lighter plug; the little Moonface rubber grommet for rear wiper delete; the carbon dash overlay; Nismo stickers; Nismo S Tune suspension; and finally a carbon steering wheel

The project will officially finish when:

Carbon steering wheel is installed

Transfer case differential modification to allow more drive to front wheels when power down

Installation of Racepace modified Tein RS with custom springs and valving

Complete wheel alignment with Trutrack

Drag strip time at Calder... preferably not with me as driver.

Magazine feature?!?! I hope.

Cheers

Matt

This car here is the reason why I want to get rid of TRD wide body supra with 600hp and buy a gtr!

Your attention to detail is amazin. I love the awesome power with such a stock looking engine bay!

How are you going with the videos of this thing on the road? I'd love to know how quite this car is. My 4" with HKS ti muffler sounds like a jet engine on idle so i'd love to see power with a low db exhaust!!

Keep up the work sir!

This car here is the reason why I want to get rid of TRD wide body supra with 600hp and buy a gtr!

Your attention to detail is amazin. I love the awesome power with such a stock looking engine bay!

How are you going with the videos of this thing on the road? I'd love to know how quite this car is. My 4" with HKS ti muffler sounds like a jet engine on idle so i'd love to see power with a low db exhaust!!

Keep up the work sir!

Feel free to put up a thread of your Supra :ermm:

The project will officially finish when:

Carbon steering wheel is installed

Transfer case differential modification to allow more drive to front wheels when power down

Installation of Racepace modified Tein RS with custom springs and valving

Complete wheel alignment with Trutrack

Drag strip time at Calder... preferably not with me as driver.

Magazine feature?!?! I hope.

Cheers

Matt

Could I drive this at Calder, please?

And do the magazine feature.

screw the straight line stuff Matt... get it on a real track! you know... one with turns :ermm:

sure this thing will put down a great time but this car is built for much greater things that that.

you're probably better off putting the standard sus back in if you're chasing 1/4 mile times.

Matt,

Wow i love this car! Someting about white with the 34 GTR make them stand out even more. I've been using this car as inspiration for my own build. (well in the exterior department) Just got my nismo z tune guards and r tune bonnet the other day, quality of the nismo products by far out weight their hefty price tag. It almost feels criminal to paint these bonnets lol...

Keep it up i love it ha!!

Cheers Matt,

Thanks natett! I love your build as well.

KING87 - the Z Tune kit certainly makes the exterior more aggressive and even more angular. The fit should be 100% if its genuine Nismo. Well, I guess you bought at the right time with the Aussie dollar so strong. Good luck with your installation.

Cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I was originally shopping for my "new" car and was set on buying a mazda rx7 spirit R or so i thought...... i wished i never came across this thread,this thread has somewhat changed my mind lol,your GTR sir is a machine....one of the best built ever!

• 2 weeks later...
I was originally shopping for my "new" car and was set on buying a mazda rx7 spirit R or so i thought...... i wished i never came across this thread,this thread has somewhat changed my mind lol,your GTR sir is a machine....one of the best built ever!

I was going to buy a Spirit R too!

then I test drove a racepace GTR... I got the GTR :blush: