SAU Community

Nissan Fuga - Coming Soon?

Does anyone know if the Nissan Fuga is going to be approved soon?

I want the V8 version and I made some calls and they reckon it will cost $30k just to get it tested and complianced or something like that.

I know a few shops looking at it int eh brissy area. that said the market will have to pick up again before anyone even thinks about doing one. the figure you have is for emmissions only. there's more again to get it ready.

Just a thought, can I import a Fuga 350GT without going through the emission tests and whatever else, since the engine is the same and the chassis basically the same as the V35?

Surely the government won't require emissions tests on the same exact engine just because its in a different body? Or do they, haha.

If not, how about this, I import a Fuga 350GT, then buy the VK V8 plus looms, computers etc. and import those, then just put it in. I'm sure there is something wrong with my master plan, can anyone set the record straight on this?

bro just relex wait for someone to crashone up lol VK45 DE or VK56VD from the new 08 cima is around 12K without looms computer or box just bare engine.. i already did some work on it as im thinking either TT the 6 or a 8 from the bigger cima .. umm.. the rumble of a big V8

P.S the older style VH45DE off the Q45 is cheap as chips .. power wise not sure how they go.. its older..

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking about bringing a Fuga into the UK for a while for the same reason, that V8 rumble. Main problem is exchange rate. Bought my v35 at 210 yen to sterling. It's 142 today :P

Chris