SAU Community

Croydon's Do It Again!

White 35

Jim at Croydon's has done it again!!!

Ive been watching everyone tune their cars locally and in the USA for about 6 mths now. I didnt rush these mods and originally I was going with a base Cobb map 1 tune to match my midpipe etc but after watching 09GTR work with Croydons the custom tune is the only way to go.

Aside from the car obviously being more powerful its the perfect torque curve that makes the car more exciting to drive. VDC must be to R mode under full power otherwise TC cuts the throttle.

So the mods are:

CBRD Midpipe (the best midpipe ive ever heard - zero drone and under throttle sounds unreal)

Mines filters and

Custom Cobb tune from Jim

Standard the car put out 295kw. But now the car is putting out an easy 340kw (i think 15 pound boost) at the wheels, there is more power to come from these mods above but we backed it off until we can get some better HKS plugs.

Tonight the car ran 3.3 sec to 100kmph with over half tank of fuel. Didnt get it off the line perfectly but 3.3 is good enough for now and this should translate into low 11's. And the car has only 1600kms on the clock.

Next up - Actuators, HKS Boost controller, high flowed catted turbo pipes, GFB Blow off valves and Endless MX72 Pads all from Croydon's.

Highly recommend you speak to Jim at Croydon's if your thinking about some simple mods.

Ive been watching everyone tune their cars locally and in the USA for about 6 mths now. I didnt rush these mods and originally I was going with a base Cobb map 1 tune to match my midpipe etc but after watching 09GTR work with Croydons the custom tune is the only way to go.

Aside from the car obviously being more powerful its the perfect torque curve that makes the car more exciting to drive. VDC must be to R mode under full power otherwise TC cuts the throttle.

So the mods are:

CBRD Midpipe (the best midpipe ive ever heard - zero drone and under throttle sounds unreal)

Mines filters and

Custom Cobb tune from Jim

Standard the car put out 295kw. But now the car is putting out an easy 340kw (i think 15 pound boost) at the wheels, there is more power to come from these mods above but we backed it off until we can get some better HKS plugs.

Tonight the car ran 3.3 sec to 100kmph with over half tank of fuel. Didnt get it off the line perfectly but 3.3 is good enough for now and this should translate into low 11's. And the car has only 1600kms on the clock.

Next up - Actuators, HKS Boost controller, high flowed catted turbo pipes, GFB Blow off valves and Endless MX72 Pads all from Croydon's.

Highly recommend you speak to Jim at Croydon's if your thinking about some simple mods.

Geez, CRD must be good to make you go fast White 35!

• 3 weeks later...
Thats awesome for such a few simple mods, must be very happy man.

yeah its certainly a lot more exciting to drive. the car only has 2600kmson it and as the kms go up i think its getting faster. only negative is that it comes on boost so hard at 3-5500rpms and then boost falls away slightly. im going to work with Croydons trying some new Cobb tuning to see if we cant get more consistent boost to the redline. The car is a complete handful in damp conditions and just spins the wheels in 1st & 2nd gear.

Maybe have to do Boost Controller and Actuators etc.

Just ordered Stillen Sway bars from Forged Performance in the US and H&R Wheel Spacer kit from Perrin Performance in the US.

I'll have them installed in a few weeks and report back the handling changes.

Plus i want a set of these rims!!

post-66586-1254895791_thumb.jpg

Just ordered Stillen Sway bars from Forged Performance in the US and H&R Wheel Spacer kit from Perrin Performance in the US.

I'll have them installed in a few weeks and report back the handling changes.

Plus i want a set of these rims!!

Volk Racing Hi metal bronze RE30 19X10 +30 and 19X11 +20 or +25

Hoosiers 295/30/19 front and 315/30/19 rear.

$4190 shipped to Australia, maybe better if group buy

Sharif at forged performance, about to get some for myself, aussie dollar now better than when I was first considering this.

Volk Racing Hi metal bronze RE30 19X10 +30 and 19X11 +20 or +25

Hoosiers 295/30/19 front and 315/30/19 rear.

$4190 shipped to Australia, maybe better if group buy

Sharif at forged performance, about to get some for myself, aussie dollar now better than when I was first considering this.

yeah im still giving thses rims some serious thought - although the Zele rims are sick as well... i recon the $$ will get a bit stronger as well - before it comes crashing down again! great time to be ordering from the US.

i dont drive a 35 but plan to buy one in the future - as for jim @ crd...u got that right :(

ive taken both my gtr's to jim & nobody comes close (ive been around to 'other' tuners & it has always been chalk & cheese)

i dont drive a 35 but plan to buy one in the future - as for jim @ crd...u got that right :blink:

ive taken both my gtr's to jim & nobody comes close (ive been around to 'other' tuners & it has always been chalk & cheese)

:happy: Spot on Marko R1 - Jim know's his Nissan's Our R33 - 2 records - OP South - 46.81 and EC - 1.44.19 still on 20psi, can't wait till finished set-up!!

:) Spot on Marko R1 - Jim know's his Nissan's Our R33 - 2 records - OP South - 46.81 and EC - 1.44.19 still on 20psi, can't wait till finished set-up!!

i remember the last time we discussed your lap times, low 40s at EC is a fantastic time :happy:, u were running 300awkw if my memory serves me right?