SAU Community

Impounds

gdogzgtr

I have heard today that now cars can be impounded and penalty notice issued to driver. Previously my knowledge was that if a car was impounded driver was to be charged with relevent offence and brought before a court.

I heard this was to increase impound levels and speed up the process and clear courts up. If this is true I would expect a dramatic increase in impounds as all the work for police done at time, Compared to having to compile brief of evidence to court.

I think that is only related to the hoon law... if someone get caught hooning: burning tyres, drifting, excessive speed etc...

first offence car will be impounded for 24 hours, 2nd offence I think is a few days, 3rd offence car will be impounded forever, or crushed under the metal crusher...

nothing to do with increasing impound level. the driver is still gonna get a fine in the mail and still possibly go to court depending the severity of the offense.

hoon law has been around quite a number of years now, and many repeat offenders have had their cars crushed.

I have heard today that now cars can be impounded and penalty notice issued to driver. Previously my knowledge was that if a car was impounded driver was to be charged with relevent offence and brought before a court.

I heard this was to increase impound levels and speed up the process and clear courts up. If this is true I would expect a dramatic increase in impounds as all the work for police done at time, Compared to having to compile brief of evidence to court.

A friend of mine had his car impounded about 6 months ago, he got a fine on the spot and had to go to court as well.

time to put some blocks behind the loud pedal. . . .then there is no chance of being what the cops see as a 'hoon'

or buy an car with automatic gearbox and install a rev limiter set at 3000rpm..... the most you'll do in most cars with that rev is 110km/h on the freeway...

or buy an car with automatic gearbox and install a rev limiter set at 3000rpm..... the most you'll do in most cars with that rev is 110km/h on the freeway...

Or 110 in a 50.

get a pushbike then... how fast can you go on that thing before falling over? :-)

A guy at Uni told me his friend got warned by a cop for riding his push bike too fast. So push bikes aren't completely immune from the might of the hoon laws :happy:

A guy at Uni told me his friend got warned by a cop for riding his push bike too fast. So push bikes aren't completely immune from the might of the hoon laws :happy:

might get booked for locking up the breaks or riding it in a ill manner. what about mobile phones and push bikes ?

A guy at Uni told me his friend got warned by a cop for riding his push bike too fast. So push bikes aren't completely immune from the might of the hoon laws ;)

My mate got a $325 fine for exceeding the spedlimit on his pushbike, road rules still apply.

Also: Not one car has been crushed in Australia yet, I challenge someone to find one.....

My mate got a $325 fine for exceeding the spedlimit on his pushbike, road rules still apply.

Also: Not one car has been crushed in Australia yet, I challenge someone to find one.....

how fast was he going?

^

With the government implementing 30km/h zones, shouldn't be that hard to exceed the limit with a good race push bike.

But how are you suppose to keep track of your speed on a push bike? Do the new ones come with speedos now?