SAU Community

Distraction Accident!

GTR-N1

In the UK, an updated definition of a "DISTRACTION ACCIDENT" whilst driving, includes...

Talking on the mobile (incl hands-free)

Texting

Adjusting I.C.E.

Getting sunnies out of holder

Adjusting rear vision mirrors

Getting worked up whilst listening to 'talk-back' radio

Picking up loose change

Spider coming out from behind sun visor

Putting lippie on with one eye on vanity mirror (= multitasking that girls say they can do so well)

Talking to mother-in-law in back seat

G/F sitting between front seats yaddayadda

Anyone got close to destroying their car?

I have, with CD changes 2X. Close & very close...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lolz, gf between front seats hehe; makes it hard to change gears so u doing 15000rpm in first at 60km/h lolz

nothing like that happend to me yet Tez, i try to keep driving as the single task; have changed cd's, grabbed a boob, read a txt msg dats bout it.

once i was perving on a hot chick in a car next to me so when i went for a gear change i grabbed the wrong stick..wondered why it was quite a bit bigger lolz

I have almost been on the receiving end of a distraction accident

Just the other day- Driving the Stagea home .. pull up for traffic.. look in my rear view mirror and see this guy READING A FCKING BIT OF PAPER! and DRVING! then I saw him go fuuuuuuu and slam on the anchors.. he was just inches away from hitting me, but does he learn ? NOPE ! I move forward as traffic starts to move and the d1ckhead is 30 m behind reading his papers again.

2nd one - pull up to a set of amber lights , I prob coulda made it thru but it was safer to stop.

Again look in my rearview ( this time I was in teh s15 ) and see this chick witha look of terror on her face wigging the streering wheel left and right .. so obviously she has locked it up because she didnt see me in time.. then she has the GALL to abuse ME ! WTF?

and yeah.. haha.. I have almost caused a few usually perving lol

2nd one - pull up to a set of amber lights , I prob coulda made it thru but it was safer to stop.

Again look in my rearview

I would consider looking in the rearview mirror before deciding whether it's safer to stop or not. That's a bit like checking for traffic after you've driven through a give way sign.

LOL what kind of an idiot do you think I am ? of course I had come to a FULL stop!

I would consider looking in the rearview mirror before deciding whether it's safer to stop or not. That's a bit like checking for traffic after you've driven through a give way sign.

I would consider looking in the rearview mirror before deciding whether it's safer to stop or not.
Not my, or your, responsibility. It's the responsibility of the following car to be able to stop in time.

That said, I sometimes have a quick check to plan what to do if the lights do change.

The wind blew the pages over in my street directory in my haste not to lose my page i ploughed up the ass of a ford territory...in the work ute luckily...folded the bonnet in half....insurance came through..and my old mazda bravo ute spent the next few weeks in a shed full of ferraris, astons and porches..getting a makeover...

Its not my responsability if a semi slams into me from behind and i'm killed. But i'm still dead...

Nicely said Peter, however now i feel bad about my accident but rightly so i guess..

I think a good driver should always know who is around them on all sides . I have driven nearly 300,000km in the last 3 years and it is my only real accident. So many people know how to look straight ahead and put the foot down , but when it comes to looking around and turning or merging most are f'ing useless...

Can i start a new thread on bad drivers?

iPods are the devil.

Was driving to Geelong late one night (like 2-3am) on the M1 and was trying to find a particular song. I swear I only glanced down for a second, but you can very quickly become distracted even if it is for only a moment longer.

Looked up and I was literally about 1meter from the left hand side of the road, which is pretty bad considering I was driving in the right lane. Was an a 30% angle too, doing 100kph.

Scared the crap out of me.

Its not my responsability if a semi slams into me from behind and i'm killed. But i'm still dead...

This is the reason I won't drive with a large vehicle behind me. I'll cruise behind a truck happily, even if I can't see shit, but I hate having them behind me.

This is the reason I won't drive with a large vehicle behind me. I'll cruise behind a truck happily, even if I can't see shit, but I hate having them behind me.

Mate everybody hates having a big trucker up there ass, sometimes you just gotta take it like a man :)

iPods are the devil.

Was driving to Geelong late one night (like 2-3am) on the M1 and was trying to find a particular song. I swear I only glanced down for a second, but you can very quickly become distracted even if it is for only a moment longer.

Looked up and I was literally about 1meter from the left hand side of the road, which is pretty bad considering I was driving in the right lane. Was an a 30% angle too, doing 100kph.

Scared the crap out of me.

Seen the same thing a while back late at night, it was a supra too but on the monash..cruised up beside him thought id see if he wanted to play but the guy was too busy driving in the grass.. think he was falling asleep...

your supra isnt black by any chance... :)

a while ago i was driving in the city and something flew in the window and landed on me (ended up being a bug) and i looked and flicked it off and when i looked back up i was almost in an intersection with a red light i hit the brakes hard but ended up in the middle.