SAU Community

Nfs - Shift

Ivonin

Pretty damn good guys, bought it on tuesday, fairly easy game I might add though. Good graphics, the collisions are fairly annoying though, greys out the screen and blurs, making it impossible to see where you're going, so straight into the next wall you go. >.<

180 Microsoft Points for the R35 GTR V-Spec on 360 =D

Thoughts? Comments? Queries?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

original need for speed SE was awesome

ive also owned nfs 2 se (crap)

nfs3 hot persuit (good)

nfs porsche unleashed (awesome!)

underground - (great)

underground 2 - (ok)

high stakes - (average)

and carbon - (better than highstakes)

i bought the last one for ps2 and omg it sucked so bad i returned it within an hour - the old man has it on the wii and loves is but is still ghey.

if it is anythnig like the last then i'm sticking clear of it, especially when it tells your time or status on the screen so you cant see where you are going (nfs from underground onward)

thank god for EB "games suck" return policy

bought it yesterday, taking it back. absolute crap. Bring on Forza 3

Can I ask why didn't you like the game??

I've got the game and I like it...It's infinitely better than ProStreet and Undercover. I've always stated that this game is going head to head with Grid.

I'm waiting for Forza 3 as well but comparing Shift against Forza 3, Shift is an Arcade game with some sim aspects and improvements in driving (yes many people have been complaining about the handling but once you adjust the handling then it's very good) while Forza 3 is a full on Sim driving game

So it's two different games essentially

forza is gay cause its on the s#itbox 360, anything thats not ninja gaiden is crap on xbox.

GT5 is where its at!.

But Shift is fun cause its not super serious. but that screen blur when u get hit or hit a wall is fuggin annoying.. I wonder if you can turn it off on pc.

Yeah, agreed on all points, I think it's a good diversion from the sort of 'undercover' and 'prostreet' titles. At the end of the day its a little more sim then prostreet but a little bit silly at the same time. Good for me as a casual exbawx 360 player.

@Aggroman - "forza is gay cause its on the s#itbox 360, anything thats not ninja gaiden is crap on xbox."

Has to be one of the shittest comments I have ever heard, I own both a PS3 and an XBox 360 but I think they both have thier good points and bad. Embrace what it is to be a true gamer and enjoy all platforms ... equally ... but secretly play PC 800 times more. <.< hahaha!

But seriously, I do wish exbawx did get GT5 though, that would be kick arse.

If it wasn't a jap dev than it probably would! :P

I'm hanging out to play this one - I've avoided NFS since Carbon. IMO the best one I've played was High Stakes, I went to all the trouble of installing NFS:SE on win XP the other day then played it for about 10 minutes before being bored.

bought it yesterday on PS3

fkn loving it

the kits look awesome, the cars drive great with the G25

just love how you can stall the drift cars and f**king love how when you come out of a corner in a 450hp R34 GTR in gear 2, full throttle, 1 wheel in the air. the other front wheel smoking

awesome!

only thing i dont like is that the PS3 versions have a glitch where there s NO damage

just the hood, front and rear bars coming off and the windows cracking. i read somewhere EAs gona release a patch for this

forza is gay cause its on the s#itbox 360, anything thats not ninja gaiden is crap on xbox.

GT5 is where its at!.

But Shift is fun cause its not super serious. but that screen blur when u get hit or hit a wall is fuggin annoying.. I wonder if you can turn it off on pc.

your a complete fool & fan boy

anyways each to there own i havent played nfs shift but reviews suggest this is an excellent game

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1026121p1.html

i really like the game, its way better than undercover and prostreet. also the way you feel the bumps on the nurburgring, its scary. also the sound of the cars is better than any other car game out there, i love playing it really loud, its awesome. :D

High end PC for the winning, all you PS3 and XBOX 360 kids can bend over to increased load times, crappy graphics, bugs, and whats the Microsoft points bullshit? :D

Back to the original topic, got the game last night, and played for a while, and a little again tonight.

I think this is like ProStreet, it takes alot of getting used to, but once you're used to it, and got all the tuning down pat, it's a fun game.

The blurring when crashing might suck, but when you hit a wall at 100kmp/h, dont honestly expect clear vision as you spin completely out of control. The graphics are otherwise pretty.

Anybody got drifting down yet? I had a quick go at that, ALOT different to the other titles. Maybe because I'm using keyboard, time for a wheel and pedals I think :D

Edited by Nic_A31

wheel and pedals FTW

i have my controls set to pro

and going from wheel to control was very weird

drifting is hard. you dont just floor it any more

you have to feather the throttle to not spin it.

the smoke looks very very good and you can sometimes see the disks glowing on AI cars as they slow down.

the ZONDA R is beautiful to drive on the burger ring, as well as the murcilago

my R34 now looks like a JGTC car :D

High end PC for the winning, all you PS3 and XBOX 360 kids can bend over to increased load times, crappy graphics, bugs, and whats the Microsoft points bullshit? :blush:

yeah us poor console gamers have it tough... having to outlay 3k so we can play a game slightly better then something that only costs $300-$500 only to have to upgrade it every time a new game comes out cause our old tech, 6 month old GFX cards, cant run any of the latest releases... oh wait... thats not us!!

>_<

The cockpit view is pretty sweet I'll admit, the first game I've played where using it is actually possible in a race.

I'd like to see an incabe view where the camera looks where you're going for you, ie. if you lose traction or in a drift, it isnt just looking straight forward. With the way I've got my controls setup, I'd need a third arm to drive (up/down/left/right), shift gears (left CTRL + SHIFT), and move camera (numpad)

yeah us poor console gamers have it tough... having to outlay 3k so we can play a game slightly better then something that only costs $300-$500 only to have to upgrade it every time a new game comes out cause our old tech, 6 month old GFX cards, cant run any of the latest releases... oh wait... thats not us!!

>_<

LOL $3000, never built a computer have you?

My setup cost me $1500, worth $5000 in a shop if I didnt build it myself. I spend about $500 every 12-18 months, and I can run even DirectX 10 games at maxed settings on a decent frame rate.

If I buy a card now, you think in 6 months your PS3 (which is already how old now?) Is still going to have just as good graphics? Doesnt make sense mate, especially when you're stuck with the same hardware and software setup, and DX9.

Still, I see the point you make, some people live in their computer room their whole life, and poor thousands every couple of months, into new hardware and new games to test it out on. One day, they might buy a car and get laid...maybe.

Have it on PC, playing with a 40" hdtv and wireless 360 controller.

Raged at the start of the game where it forces you to watch the shitty intro videos, wtf no skip? fags.

Normal racing game play is pretty fun, trainer for infinite nos and stacks of cash ftw :>

Just got up to the drift events, biggest shit waste ever, GRID wins hands down. And it sucks you have to play every damn race to unlock the decent cars, I don't want to play the stupid game just race GT-R, Zonda and a Veyron around the track and get on with my day.

I'd say the plain old racing parts are pretty good and the rest is very average.

Oh, and whats with the steering on some of the cars, full lock is like the wheels only turned 1/4 way, seems particularly bad on the s14

The cockpit view is pretty sweet I'll admit, the first game I've played where using it is actually possible in a race.

I'd like to see an incabe view where the camera looks where you're going for you, ie. if you lose traction or in a drift, it isnt just looking straight forward. With the way I've got my controls setup, I'd need a third arm to drive (up/down/left/right), shift gears (left CTRL + SHIFT), and move camera (numpad)

LOL $3000, never built a computer have you?

My setup cost me $1500, worth $5000 in a shop if I didnt build it myself. I spend about $500 every 12-18 months, and I can run even DirectX 10 games at maxed settings on a decent frame rate.

If I buy a card now, you think in 6 months your PS3 (which is already how old now?) Is still going to have just as good graphics? Doesnt make sense mate, especially when you're stuck with the same hardware and software setup, and DX9.

Still, I see the point you make, some people live in their computer room their whole life, and poor thousands every couple of months, into new hardware and new games to test it out on. One day, they might buy a car and get laid...maybe.

i have been building PCs for about 15 years, the last gaming rig i built for a mate was about 6k, which to me is what classifies as a High End PC. I think the case, PSU, mouse, keyboard and cooling system alone came to about the 1500. That should keep him going for at least a year and half before he has to touch anything to upgrade. I used to do the samething when i was hardcore into games, but these days its just a waste of time.

While in theory your right, my consoles hardware wont change, however yes the graphics in the games we play WILL improve (even the almighty and graphically retarded Wii), as has been shown over time with previous generation systems, when game developers actually learn to code their games to best utilise the capabilities of the hardware in the system because unlike with PC games they know exactly what hardware every single machine is going to be running the game in, so games developed for 360 only or PS3 only can really push the limits of the consoles.

Best example would be the old SNES and PS1's. Towards the end of that consoles life cycle the grpahics being pumped out of it were 10x greater then what had been previously or at the start.

Sure they wont get the same frame rates as the PC i built for my mate or be able to run as smoothly in rediculously high res... but i could still probably own him on a $1000 rig (or if it were possible, using my PS3 or 360 with a controller) in a lower res and graphic setting at any online FPS.

Bought the game yesterday still havnt had of heaps time too play it but so far its not too bad, better then the last nfs. I bought it cause im bored of all my other car games so hopefully it keeps me occupied for a lil while, really just cant wait for gt5 so for now this will just hav to do