SAU Community

Hicas Cancel...completely Getting Rid Of It

Well Ive spent the last hour or so searching around the net about cancelling the HICAS off my r32 gtst. Ive found a bit of info, but nothing which helps me really

My problem is that the rear toe arms have flogged out ball joints at both ends on both sides.

I already have a lock out bar installed, but there is almost 5mm play on both rear wheels because of the ball joints.

I have searched around the net and have only found one product which really would help, which is the driftworks hicas eliminator. It pretty much replaces the hicas toe arms with non-hicas toe arms and has a bracket to mount the rose joint to. Then a bush is put into the hub where the ball joint was.

Im thinking of doing this myself with some non-hicas adjustable toe arms. Like getting some from justjap and then just buying standard non-hicas bushes and making a little bracket to mount the other side to the subframe...

Has anyone done this?

Or is there a better way to completely replace the hicas arms and joints?

Yeah I ve already got the lock bar installed, and the hicas is disabled.

The problem is that I need to replace the both end of the rear toe arms because they have so much play in them.

I was thinking a kit something like this, except id have to make the brackets seeing I cant find any aussie shops which sell them..

HicasEliminator3.jpg

yeah we run a custom setup like you posted above on the new race car. were using just jap's rear toe arms from an s13 or something, welded a bracket to the subframe. at the outer end we turned up a bush but I am 99% sure it is exactly the same size as the rear, upper control arm inner bushes

cool:)

yeah i was thinking of just buying some non-hicas ones fron justjap and making a little bracket to mount them too. It seems like a better idea than buying new hicas arms which still have the chance of having play in the later on...