SAU Community

LeeWah GTR new setup

Leewah

Hi All,

Just though I'd let you know that the new setup on the LeeWah GTR was completed on Friday night and the tuned on Saturday.

http://iceperformance.com.au/LeeWahGTRNOSRun.jpeg

We did end up at Heathcote on Sunday but due to some split IC silicone hosing, we didn't get many passes in. By the time the car was ready to run after replacing the hosing, it was 2 and the rain came in at bout 3 so we only got 4 runs in. The launches were all bad with a best 60' time of 1.87 on Nittos. Disgraceful I know :D The best run we had was a 10.7@138MPH which although the time was slower, the MPH picked up from the previous best which gives us some indication that the change was worthwhile. The best MPH of the day was 140MPH which I was pretty happy with.

Just a better launch and we should be seeing some good results. We'll be out again either on Friday night or on the 14th at Heathcote.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the new setup?

If you can give details of course Dave   :D  

if not PM if you like.

Sounds good. Was there an increse in power after the new set-up?

The new setup was simply adding a NOS system to the car. We did use a 75hp shot which gave us an increase of about 80rwkw. It's actually closer to a 65rwkw increase as the last time we dynoed, we used "Ben" pesimistic settings and this time we used the standard "Ben" dyno settings which is supposedly a tad optimistic. We reckon on the pesimistic settings we would have made around the 505-510rwkw mark

Nice work on the dyno dave. Shame about the weather really! Did you get to run against Nigel? And if so please tell us you didnt get beat by a supra!

Nah, didn't get to run against Nige this time. His clutch began slipping after a couple runs so he packed it up so he could drive home. His best was a 11.5@135MPH so the tuning gave him an extra 5MPH which isn't too bad. The times, like mine sucked but the speeds are looking good if we can get the launches right.

Good to hear the nitrous has gone in

What brand of kit did you use? ZEX?? NOS??? Nitrous Express??

We had to stick with F&F style and use a NOS kit :D

I don't use buttons to activate the NOS though as I could have screwed that righteously. Instead, we use a full throttle switch which activates the NOS when the throttle bodies are at 100%, if not, there is no NOS flowing.

It truely is an experience driving a car which spools this hard and this fast!!

"Only 10.7@138MPH" said the good dentist...

good job on the upgrade, just outta curiosity atm u'r pushin 710hp, any plans on breakin the 1000hp barrier?

Where did you get 710hp from?

526.3kw = 685hp. Using the "accepted" drivetrain loss of 30%, my engine would have somewhere around the 890hp mark.

There are no real solid plans for what happens next to the car. If the idea at the time sounds good, we give it a go :D

I think he got the Beemer as well... think he wanted an M3 or sumfin its not that bad... if he keeps this up he'll have his own private jet soon to take down the drag strip.

as for 710hp I dunno i got a conversion rate 1kw = 1.341022hp, so naturally 530kw = 710.7417hp = 125816.5 calories/second = 388179 pound-feet/sec

wow, i can't even begin to imagine driving a car that fast (i have a whole whopping 56kw's @ fly to play with :D)

from that graph, and what very little i know about them, looks like it's pretty streetable?? looks to be a fairly linear cept for the top bit. What it's like just to drive around day to day? it's it a daily driver?

M3 hey.... nice choice :) dorifto....

cheers.

oh and is the 30% loss thru drive-train applicable to all cars??

I think he got the Beemer as well... think he wanted an M3 or sumfin its not that bad... if he keeps this up he'll have his own private jet soon to take down the drag strip.

as for 710hp I dunno i got a conversion rate 1kw = 1.341022hp, so naturally 530kw = 710.7417hp = 125816.5 calories/second = 388179 pound-feet/sec

No I don't own the BMW aswell. My brother owns the 330ci convertible which I borrowed for a couple weeks.

It's amasing how much .04 makes when you're referring to 526 kw...

I stand corrected.

The car is still driven on the street when stuff isn't being plugged in. No funny gas plugged in though. Even without the gas, I can still make around 450+ rwkw so it's enough to get from A to B.

The thought of an E46 M3 has been in my mind for sometime now and only time will tell whether it will become a reality.