SAU Community

R33 S2 Dies After Filling Up Tank

Jaysiin

usually after i fill a full tank of fuel in my car, i start it, then revs go up then drop dying off.

to prevent this i usually peddle the revs for a few seconds to combat it then its fine (and wont die). it only does it if after a filling up with a full tank.

so the question is why does it do that? other than that, the car runs fine.

similar thing happens to my r32 often.

Do u run the tank dry then fill it right up??

before i found what was wrong with mine i had to refill once tank got half empty because my fuel pump sensor level had broken and was a bit dodgy and if the fuel was moving around in the tank it would trick itself and think its empty and car wouldnt receive its fuel becasue the pump would suck it up.

Jaysiin, my s2 does the exact same thing. Usually the symptoms are worse if I "overfill" the tank, i.e I keep putting small amounts of fuel in after the pump has "clicked" a few times.

yes! i always go a few clicks over. but is there more to that reason though?

and pmr33, got a pic for ya...

post-57210-1253513305_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jaysiin

Try filling it up just to when it begins to click, or even a little under and see if that helps?

PMR33, What is that front bar lip / diffuser thing?! I love it! Tell me more?!

Hahaha nice.

Astro boy: Its a set of Vertex canards, front and side. You can see it closer in my pics: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Wh...image73393.html

Edited by PM-R33

you really shouldnt fill your tank up above that first click, however i generally do one click after that to make sure its full and the pump isnt tryin to piss me off, if you fill it right up to the brim (alot more than 2 clicks) what can happen is the fuel will run down the breather tube to the charcoal canister if you run one... and providing the canister is hooked up properly, it can cause the car to run like shit, its what destorys charcoal canisters, you'll know when its gone as you get a fuely smell thru out the car

i belive its something to do with the preasure in the tank, you know when you open it when nearly empty u can hear the preasure some out. i belive its got to do with this as the tank then has to repreasurerise when the car starts check you carbon canistor that has a vac line that goes to the tank thats ment to do something in that scence of preassurising or de press the tank?