SAU Community

Good Exhaust Places In Vic

HEKT1K

hey guys, i had a search but couldn't find a whole lot.

i'm just wanting to have a dump/front pipe and cat fitted, i started to do it with a mate but, as half-expected, the bolts on the turbine housing weren't going to budge. after the 1st one snapped we decided it was best i have it done by a professional.

are places like midas etc any good with this sort of thing? i rang up a few and most of them didn't want to know, they all seemed uneasy when i mentioned it was a skyline.

any ideas on who is going to do a decent job?

any input is appreciated.

hey guys, i had a search but couldn't find a whole lot.

i'm just wanting to have a dump/front pipe and cat fitted, i started to do it with a mate but, as half-expected, the bolts on the turbine housing weren't going to budge. after the 1st one snapped we decided it was best i have it done by a professional.

are places like midas etc any good with this sort of thing? i rang up a few and most of them didn't want to know, they all seemed uneasy when i mentioned it was a skyline.

any ideas on who is going to do a decent job?

any input is appreciated.

I getting my full system (extractors through to muffler) done by fastfit. IMO exhausts really aren't that difficult nor do they pose any great risk to your car if they're not installed correctly.

Just get any "brand name" muffler joint to do it.

IMO exhausts really aren't that difficult

agreed, but everywhere i rang didn't seem to think so. especially considering that's what they do for a living lol

thanks for that mate, there's a fastfit near me so i'll give them a ring

Hektik,

Don't bother going to an exhaust shop, take it to Protek in Preston. An exhaust place will charge you through the arse and will probably be a bunch of arseholes to boot.

Get this. I bought a new oval muffler to replace my cannon (wanted something a bit quieter). I called up a "reputable" muffler place (won't mention the name) and was told to bring it in. I get in there and suddenly it becomes all too hard. "This is gonna take at least 1.5-2 hours" ($95 an hour labour). "Turn the f*ckin immobiliser off" ("How do I do that, I ask?) "I don't give a f*ck, just turn the c*nt off, they're a f*ckin pain in the arse" he says. "We'll use 2.5" pipe to connect it, we can't bend 3 inch" and finally the clincher "I can make $100 in ten minutes, i'm not gonna f*ck around with this thing for an hour".

After all this, I just told him that I would take my business elsewhere because he's a f*ckin shit bloke and went I to Protek in preston where it took them less than an hour and cost me $88 in total. I don't know why I didn't consider them in the first place, it's the only workshop i've ever taken my car and they always do a great job. Furthermore, they used 3" pipe on my 3" system, and not 2.5" like the other dodgy place were going to lol.

I'm sorry for that rant, and the language, I'm still angry about the whole thing. Especially because my car decided to lock itself in the driveway of the exhaust place with the keys in it and I had to pay $110 for a locksmith to come out and unlock my car (took him a total of 15 seconds lol). Worst. Day. Ever.

Again, sorry for the rant.

In conclusion, Protek all the way.

my advice is find a locally SAU supported 3" Split dump pipe to suit your car model

ie bos importing / ces / and some of the other known traders, just jap etc

then take the front/dump split 3" pipe in one to your local exhaust shop

and ask for

fit this pipe

plus the highest flowing 3" catback system you can

and you will get what you want

telling them specifics, and flanges etc, they probably wont care or want to care

if you take the front/dump pipe to them they cant get it wrong

Paul that is exactly what i have done...i already have a good catback system, and i bought a jjr front/dump and a cat, im just looking for said "local exhaust shop" who are going to do a decent job.

cheers for the advice Adam, might ring around a few workshops.

• 4 weeks later...
Hektik,

Don't bother going to an exhaust shop, take it to Protek in Preston. An exhaust place will charge you through the arse and will probably be a bunch of arseholes to boot.

Get this. I bought a new oval muffler to replace my cannon (wanted something a bit quieter). I called up a "reputable" muffler place (won't mention the name) and was told to bring it in. I get in there and suddenly it becomes all too hard. "This is gonna take at least 1.5-2 hours" ($95 an hour labour). "Turn the f*ckin immobiliser off" ("How do I do that, I ask?) "I don't give a f*ck, just turn the c*nt off, they're a f*ckin pain in the arse" he says. "We'll use 2.5" pipe to connect it, we can't bend 3 inch" and finally the clincher "I can make $100 in ten minutes, i'm not gonna f*ck around with this thing for an hour".

After all this, I just told him that I would take my business elsewhere because he's a f*ckin shit bloke and went I to Protek in preston where it took them less than an hour and cost me $88 in total. I don't know why I didn't consider them in the first place, it's the only workshop i've ever taken my car and they always do a great job. Furthermore, they used 3" pipe on my 3" system, and not 2.5" like the other dodgy place were going to lol.

I'm sorry for that rant, and the language, I'm still angry about the whole thing. Especially because my car decided to lock itself in the driveway of the exhaust place with the keys in it and I had to pay $110 for a locksmith to come out and unlock my car (took him a total of 15 seconds lol). Worst. Day. Ever.

Again, sorry for the rant.

In conclusion, Protek all the way.

mate im feeling ya on that one. i got epa'd so i bought a standard r34 exhaust (whole thing) and called a certain place that my mate had gone to previously where the guy was apparently nice as pie. so i called him up and hes like yeh bring it in tomorrow and ill make one up for you that will pass the test. upon arrival i told the guy i actually have a standard exhaust and he asked me 3 times if it will fit. at this point i was wondering if he was being funny or if hes just a stupid c*nt. eventually he says ok ill put it on cat back but im not touching the rest of it and im not welding anything. im like wtf y not n he says he dun have the time. so i say whatever just do it n thank christ it passed and i didnt have to deal with that retard again. when i told me mate bout it who drives the same car he was goin on bout how nice the guy was. so either this place is racist or just a pack of lazy fat c*nts.

exhaust fix in lilydale has always been good and fairly well priced. also been to unique exhaust in bayswater and they did quite a good job as well. another place i went to which wont be named id like to fkn throw red paint at they were that slimy

Hmm Astro Boy sounds like triple R exhaust....he tried something like that to me, told him to take the car down im going else were...he was prepared to lick my nuts to stay....still took it else were

I got my full 3" exhaust made, including dump pipe at Kreative Custom Exhausts in Rowville. Extremely happy with the job and service. 90% of the work they do is TIG welded stainless systems for hot rods, so it has to be perfect.

CREATD MOTORSPORTS 93577663 Campbellfield

Ask for Rob, he did a great job on my car, very neat.

Rob is the best welder ive seen to date, top bloke to boot too and is his bro Danz. If i could get all my fab workdone by them i would but its logistically impossible.

For exhausts i use Ultimate exhausts on hammond road, best guy in the se area.