SAU Community

Just Dented My Exhaust!

Zaver

Hey guyz, When i was a winton some time back i hit the bottom of my Car at the edge of the track.. And after that the exhaust didnt sound like i did before, so when i got under the car i saw that this box kind of thing which was between my Cat and the muffler was a bit dented from the bottom, How can i get it fixed and would it decrease my performance in any way??

I dont have a pic of exhaust which is dented, but ill post a pic of what i am talking about.. Its the exhaust pipe on the extreme left which has the box kind of thing... BTW i have an Apexi Cat back exhaust!!

post-60999-1253645018_thumb.jpg

lmao :D

if it's a resonator style muffler you might have dented the inside pipes and you could potentially be losing a bit of flow there, but not worth losing sleep over. if its a glass pack style muffler with just absorption material it would be a bit harder to break the insides. you can usually tell the difference by looking at where the pipes enter and exit the box, if they are in line its most likely an absorption one (but i've seen ones that are like that and are resonators...)

anyway just forget about it who cares.

Its just dented a bit, no hole or anyhting, the only reason i asked because it changed the sound of my exhaust a bit after that dent, dont really seem to notice any difference in power..

Oh well i think i have other things to look at and can leave this problem aside... Thnx guyz

i wouldnt worry about it mate.

unless its got a hole, or has put a large pinch in the pipe, which i doubt it has.

i remember on my WRX the dump pipe was dented badly and it restricted flow. i went to the exhaust shop and got them to cut the dented piece out and replace it with a proper mandrel bend. made a difference to power.

but the little dings dont make much difference if any.