SAU Community

Nswssc, Final Round, Sat 17th Oct. 2009

LSX-438

Well this is it, the final round of the NSW sprint championship will be held at a Day/Night meeting at Oran Park, Saturday 17th of October. It's relatively crowded at the top for outright points, with only 1 point separating the top three for the State title....

points.jpg

(I dunno why they have 2010 on the point sheet, typo maybe)

Anyway given the R35 has already won my type (2) and class (2D) championship, i'll probably be running a tune + slicks + reduced weight, and enter in class 4D, to enhance chances for outright points on the day. Depends on what happens at an upcoming test day, who knows maybe i will go backwards.

Anyone run slicks on an R35 around a circuit? Any tips?

Impressive, Great results.

How many laps have you done in the 35 so far?

Maintenance?

Done about 12 track days thus far, with another two this year. I swap out trans, diff and brake fluids in my garage. Can't afford to use Nissan (too exxy and their fluids arent as good anyway) so do it myself. Replaced rotors & pads too, easy. That's about it. Car has been bulletproof thus far.

Done about 12 track days thus far, with another two this year. I swap out trans, diff and brake fluids in my garage. Can't afford to use Nissan (too exxy and their fluids arent as good anyway) so do it myself. Replaced rotors & pads too, easy. That's about it. Car has been bulletproof thus far.

Hi LSX-438,

What rotors, pads and brake fluid have you been running in it ?

What are the rules in that category on disk sizes etc ?

- The Tuners Group

Hi LSX-438,

What rotors, pads and brake fluid have you been running in it ?

What are the rules in that category on disk sizes etc ?

- The Tuners Group

AP Replacement rotors, tried Carbotech XP12 pads (too noisy for the street though) & Ferodo DS2500's (good for the street, not as good for track). Motul diff fluid, Mobil engine Oil, Willall trans fluid & Brembo LCF 600 brake fluid. That's about it i think.

As for rules, they are here:

http://www.supersprints.com.au/rules-and-r...Regs%202009.pdf

It depends on the class. In 2D (the class i am entered) rotors and pads are "free" to use whatever you like provided they are not increased in size really.

cheers

From what ive read the Stillen sway bars look pretty good. They have adjustable end links which are stiffer than stock adding to more direct turn in. The car is awesome stock but im sure some bigger bars would dial out that body roll and add stability in the higer speed corners etc. Im going to get a set and see how they go they are only $1200 AUD shipped. Have you thought about coming to bathurst with 09GTR and me in November. Its a 2 day track event.

From what ive read the Stillen sway bars look pretty good. They have adjustable end links which are stiffer than stock adding to more direct turn in. The car is awesome stock but im sure some bigger bars would dial out that body roll and add stability in the higer speed corners etc. Im going to get a set and see how they go they are only $1200 AUD shipped. Have you thought about coming to bathurst with 09GTR and me in November. Its a 2 day track event.

$1200 sounds relatively good priced, and the sway bars just bolt off and on dont they? I mean you dot need to drop any major components to fit them right? With Bathurst, is that the "drive bathurst" event? Any details? :)

Edited by LSX-438

yep just bolt on and off. i would think pretty easy. I would get them from Forged Performance and i'll find out what the install is like.

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=STIGTRSBK1&c=SU

Yep Drive Bathurst - its basically a 2 day track day. I'm not sure if you have driven bathurst before but i'll explain how the event works. First morning is a bit of follow the instructor (profesional drivers - Luffy, Jim Richards etc) around being shown the lines etc. This sounds lame but its actually quite good and you get some time on the track to learn it. The instructors dont muck around either they go pretty hard meaning your not ever held up by them. They limit the straights tho to about 150-180kmph. Afternoon should see some free time but they may limit the straights to 180 -200kmph. Second day pretty much free driving all day non speed limited - each session each day you get about 10 laps and you get 5-6 sessions depending on track conditions and accidents etc. Its not cheap but well worth it $4000 now cause all the earybird specials are done (if you want to come though i might be able to get you in a bit cheaper $3500?) inc food, drinks, one dinner. you can take a pit crew and everone gets a garage etc etc.

http://www.drivebathurst.com/

Big thanks for that info, much appreciated. With only one round to go i am leaving things as they are. But definitely interested in the swaybar option, especially given cost and ease of install

Edited by LSX-438