SAU Community

New Gtt Help

Galois

Hi all,

I have just bought my first skyline and could not be happier!! Its a 1999 gtt with very few mods (as far as I can see), including a catback 4" exhaust and a computer under the passenger seat (not totally sure what that does though).

I was hoping some of the more experienced (which is probably all of you) could help me out on a few questions though:

The power steering boggs down when it is strained in parking. It starts to get stiff about 3/4 of a turn before full lock, any ideas? Is this even a problem?

What is the rear wheel power of a standard gtt? Its round 280hp at the fly right?

How much would exhaust/extra computer add?

A mechanic is putting in a mongoose immobiliser and alarm on thursday for $900, does that sound ok?

And finally (for the moment) how much should a turbo timer installation cost?

Thank's so much for your help. I have always loved driving but now I can't get out of the thing. I am even missing the exhaust note as I'm typing this haha.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi all,

I have just bought my first skyline and could not be happier!! Its a 1999 gtt with very few mods (as far as I can see), including a catback 4" exhaust and a computer under the passenger seat (not totally sure what that does though).

I was hoping some of the more experienced (which is probably all of you) could help me out on a few questions though:

The power steering boggs down when it is strained in parking. It starts to get stiff about 3/4 of a turn before full lock, any ideas? Is this even a problem?

What is the rear wheel power of a standard gtt? Its round 280hp at the fly right?

How much would exhaust/extra computer add?

A mechanic is putting in a mongoose immobiliser and alarm on thursday for $900, does that sound ok?

And finally (for the moment) how much should a turbo timer installation cost?

Thank's so much for your help. I have always loved driving but now I can't get out of the thing. I am even missing the exhaust note as I'm typing this haha.

Cheers,

Ben

280hp or 206kw at the fly is right

If there is a mongoose dealer/store in your state and its close enough, go there, much cheaper...

most turbo timers should be plug and play depending on the alarm/immobiliser you get, if you get it and give it to your alarm installer it may not cost you anything more at all.

get an Autowatch alarm/immobiliser ... (the best one, forgot what its called) It has a turbo timer built in, it's all black wiring and a top brand. Cost me $450 or so installed by 'Security In Motion' (sydney)

The steering wheel issue I'd get checked out by a decent mechanic ..it doesn't sound good. It would help if you updated your public profile with your city/location if you want people to suggest installers/mechanics etc (this goes to all you lazy bastards!$!)

If there is a mongoose dealer/store in your state and its close enough, go there, much cheaper...

...and the cost will depend on which model # you're after with its corresponding list of nit-nats.

So ring them for Model # Specs.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up getting a mongoose m80g and a greddy turbo timer. It's all good now that I've figured out how to use the alarm lol. I like how the greddy increases the time depending on the turbo temp.

I bought the alarm and greddy at autobarn and got them fitted at jb with an alpine head unit, all for 1200, the nissan dealer was going to charge that for just the greddy and alarm fitted.

Cheers