SAU Community

What Can I Modify Without Approval?.... And Im240 Update.

Mmm im pretty sure for insurance to be valid, the mods need to be legal, as they may claim it was your modification that caused the car to crash or sustain or inflict heavy damage. Permits will counter any claims the insurance may have that your mods are not safe. If it were me i would rather know they were legal, pits and engineers will not usually give you a hard time as long as your mods are actually safe and legal. Cops on the other hand would love you to not have permits

funnily enough, a few years back i wrote-off my commodore that was pretty modified (inc. aftermarket supercharger, about the size of your head); all modifications were declared to the insurance co. however at no point did i get a mod plate or engineer's cert as this would've cost me a few hundred bucks and i figured if i ever got yellowed then i would pay up and get it legal at that point.. however i pranged the thing before it ever got legal, the car among other things was wayy too low (~60mm clearance) and insurance co coughed up no worries.. they didn't even realise it was blown!?

Edited by ohno1

funnily enough, a few years back i wrote-off my commodore that was pretty modified (inc. aftermarket supercharger, about the size of your head); all modifications were declared to the insurance co. however at no point did i get a mod plate or engineer's cert as this would've cost me a few hundred bucks and i figured if i ever got yellowed then i would pay up and get it legal at that point.. however i pranged the thing before it ever got legal, the car among other things was wayy too low (~60mm clearance) and insurance co coughed up no worries.. they didn't even realise it was blown!?

Insurance company's don't care if the car meets emissions or not, if that came into play no car would be insured to a certain extent, again who is stating this fact "Did you know that your insurance company will NOT know that your car is modified unless you notify them? In most cases if you do not tell them, your car MAY NOT BE INSURED!".....

Insurance company's don't care if the car meets emissions or not, if that came into play no car would be insured to a certain extent, again who is stating this fact "Did you know that your insurance company will NOT know that your car is modified unless you notify them? In most cases if you do not tell them, your car MAY NOT BE INSURED!".....

I agree with Drift if they didnt know, how will they disallow a claim.

Since the financial crisis Insurance companies are using as many loop holes as they can find to save money.

And Id keep quite about things cos there are things like statutes of limits on things and if an insurance company gets wind of what could deemed as fraud perhaps, willfully misleading an insurance company about the condition of a vehicle ie modified and not legal.

Formula Tech are advertising............ sorry it is next door to them and called "IM240 Test Facility WA" not sure how much they charge and someone still needs to explain what the people they are targeting has to do with the environment when the true polluters are known.

Again, if the government didn't want to set up a facility due to cost's why are private business able to set up........... Lets see if they are NATA approved.

im240.jpg

Now the workshops operating these IM240 test stations are they informing there customers what ever they do requires an IM240 test to be legal.

Edited by Guest

ss. hes going to the pits on monday for a extension on his sticker(still has a couple of things to get done). dunno about copping it again

How do you get an extension on a sticker? Mine is expiring on the 18th and I don't want to hand the plates back in if I can help it as they are private. Car still needs a fair bit of work as I don't have funds at the moment.

Also what happens when you get mod approval? Do you just fill in the mod form and send it in then take your car down for them to examine with the mods? At what point do you need engineers approval?

How do you get an extension on a sticker? Mine is expiring on the 18th and I don't want to hand the plates back in if I can help it as they are private. Car still needs a fair bit of work as I don't have funds at the moment.

Also what happens when you get mod approval? Do you just fill in the mod form and send it in then take your car down for them to examine with the mods? At what point do you need engineers approval?

an extension requires the pits to examine and if you have done some work they usually grant the extension