SAU Community

Z32 Super Suction Kit Installation For R34

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased a pair of z32 AFM's and an apexi super suction kit. So I installed it all last night and had a few issues with the install. Unfortunately the instructions are in japanese so I don't know what wires go with what. I obviously have to cut the stock AFM wiring socket to fit the Z32s but don't know which wire matches what so if anyone has the wiring info that would be much appreciated.

The other thing is that the brackets really don't fit that well either. Unfortunately my mechanic put the boost controller solenoid where one of the brackets is supposed to go so I might just have to leave it off.

The last thing is programming the power fc to accept the use of z32s, could someone please enlighten me as to how to accomplish this. And yes I have searched the forum already but to no avail...

Thanks...

i did this on my mates r33 gtr last weekend, does the r34 have 4 wires for the stock afm. if so the u can find which is the power using a mulit meter and the ground one is usually the slightly thicker black one. connect those two up properly. then u just do trial n error with the other two, if u get them worng the car just wont start, swap them n there u have it lol hope that makes sense.

as for the power fc, its either in setting or etc. have a play around u will find the afm section and u simple choose the vg30.

and yeah we found the brackest where a bitch, but they do fit.

hope that helps mate

Cheers mate much appreciated.

Did you leave the stock snorkel/air intake on or did you just remove it? Also did you end up building a custom air box or anything? Do you really need to? I do live in the tropics up north so its ridiculously hot now in the wet season/ build up.

Yes the stock AFM's have 4 wires so I'll guess I'll just go buy a cheap and nasty multimeter. I was going to use heatshrink as the z32 wires that come with the kit aren't protected at all and are just bare individual wires. Will the heatshrink melt with the heat of the engine bay or should it be okay...

I tell you what was a real bitch was removing the last bolt of the bottom AFM, almost impossible, I ended up breaking some of the plastic off the stock afm so I'll have to glue it back together ;)

he removed it, and we didnt make a box for it, but ive got mine in my gtst boxed up to insulate from the engine bay heat. as for the heat shrink it should be fine, ive got plenty of it in my engine bay and never a prob. yeah some of the nuts n bolts r ball breakers lol

good luck with it

I've wired it up, not properly just twisted the wires together for the time being and the car won't start. I must have the wiring wrong or something I really don't know what to do. There is one black thick wire, one thinner black wire with a white stripe, an orange wire and a white wire on the car ie where the standard plug was.

The z32 plugs that came with the super suction kit have two black a red and a white but they are in different order to the what the stock plugs were in.

I bought a multimeter but just don't know how the f**k to use it could someone quickly explain, dumb question I know but you'll have to forgive me I'm only new to the DIY stuff and by the looks of it I should leave it to the professionals...

Oh I forgot to mention. I haven't changed the power fc setting yet and thought I'd do it once it was all connected. Now the hand controller won't power up, is it possible that the wrong combination of wires has fried my power fc???

Also should the car start off just one AFM??? the meters are second hand, not sure if that has anything to do with it, they look to be in good condition though, mesh in tact, previous owner said he only used it for one dyno run...

not sure bout gtr afm's but the z32 is like this

Wire 1 - Not Connected

Wire 2 - Signal

Wire 3 - 12v Ground

Wire 4 - Signal Ground

Wire 5 - 12v Power

Wire 6 - Not Connected

from memory pin A is wire 6 and wire 1 is pin F

to change it in the power fc go to setting > airflow > VG30

Just as a test I put the old meters back on and the car still won't start so I'm worried I've seriously stuffed something up. Like I said the power fc hand controller doesn't power up even when I'm attempting to start the car, don't know why either.

So I left the super suction kit pipes there and just clamped the stock afm's where the z32's were. It obviously doesn't fit properly but I just wanted to see if the car would start and it doesn't. So I'm assuming the battery is a little flat but that still doesn't explain the power fc issue. Any ideas??? btw still unable to re-configure power fc settings...

PFC's have a tendency to short out when the battery is not disconnected before commencing work with any form of wiring... even during a gearbox change which invloved plugging/unplugging wires shorted it out. (an exmaple im aware of, not a job i did)

providing you disconnected the battery it shouldnt be this though...

I did not disconnect the battery how can I find out whether I shorted out the power fc??? wouldn't I have just blown a fuse??? The car is turning over but the power fc hand controller isn't powering up. I still have the stock computer should I throw this back in and see what happens???

I've still got the stock afm's on there but the car just won't start, turns over but won't actually start. any advice would be much appreciated as its my daily driver...

Alright I finally got it all working, replaced a fuse and set the power fc to vg30 as instructed. Now the car turns on but is blowing a ridiculous amount of smoke. I then swapped the ground wires around and the car still started for about 2 seconds and then turned itself off.

put the stock ones back on and it works perfectly no smoke or anything...

Also note that I still have one blown turbo and am waiting for the new ones to arrive asap, could this be the cause of all the smoke???

Does anybody know what the stock gtr AFM wiring configuration is??? as I know what the z32 is but just not the stock gtr.