SAU Community

What The Heck?

stormtrooper

Hey guys,

Wondering if there is anything that can be done about this.

I was travelling home tonight along canning highway when I saw a VE with persuities pull onto canning highway behind me, knew straight away it was unmarked car. So anyways, travelling along for about another 5kms to my house and meanwhile theres a f**king taxi speeding and weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating etc, all for this 5kms. Chuck a left onto my street, sure enough, micky lights. Shit, pulled into my driveway and copper straight away, license etc. Yep sure no worries mate here you go, why you pulling me over? "Your exhaust is too low..." Uhm, excuse me? What the hell? I go inside and grab a measuring tape and come out, measure it for him while he is standing there and he said, no your car is too low it does not meet ADR's. I said how the hell does that work when I have just proved to you it's legal ride height? He said he doesn't need to see for himself he knows its too low. f**k that.

So he yellowed me.

I took a photo of his license plate and shit because I am not going to take this lying down but what, if ANYTHING can be done about this? He lets the dickhead who was speeding/tailgating/high beaming me for 5kms go, to pull me over to yellow me for something completely false. I don't buy it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had a good look at the slip I was given for it (as I've never had a yellow before) and they have not put the correct rego plate on the docket. They have stipulated [1CEU 856] when my car is in fact [1CEU 656]

Does this mean that this yellow sticker is invalid?

Mods note: I accidentally posted this in "forced induction" section aswel... tired and ticked off. My bad.

Haha, lol'd at the number plate. Never been stickered before so couldn't advise. Thats total bs with the height though. I had an unmarked follow me the other day on great eastern.. I sat dead on 60 for about 3kms and eventually pulled left to see them storm ahead...

You should video these situations...

Wouldn't be too concerned about it mate, if your car is all legal then it will get over the pits fine, then good ol' mr. officer has signed his name on the papers, you take that to the police station, say you would like to make a complaint and you want reimbursement for any money you lost going over the pits.

All that is considering you need to go to the pits, not sure what happens because of the license plate error... Should find out about that, but i imagine you would just have to correct it and go over the pits anyway

wait a while for the paperwork to go through then ring the dpi or whatever they're called now and ask if theres a defect notice for your car. make up some bullshit story like someone borrowed the car and you think it got yellowed and they pulled it off if you have to

Hey guys,

Wondering if there is anything that can be done about this.

I was travelling home tonight along canning highway when I saw a VE with persuities pull onto canning highway behind me, knew straight away it was unmarked car. So anyways, travelling along for about another 5kms to my house and meanwhile theres a f**king taxi speeding and weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating etc, all for this 5kms. Chuck a left onto my street, sure enough, micky lights. Shit, pulled into my driveway and copper straight away, license etc. Yep sure no worries mate here you go, why you pulling me over? "Your exhaust is too low..." Uhm, excuse me? What the hell? I go inside and grab a measuring tape and come out, measure it for him while he is standing there and he said, no your car is too low it does not meet ADR's. I said how the hell does that work when I have just proved to you it's legal ride height? He said he doesn't need to see for himself he knows its too low. f**k that.

So he yellowed me.

I took a photo of his license plate and shit because I am not going to take this lying down but what, if ANYTHING can be done about this? He lets the dickhead who was speeding/tailgating/high beaming me for 5kms go, to pull me over to yellow me for something completely false. I don't buy it.

Man thats just a C U N ext T uesday kind of copper aye but if your chassie meets the height then fark him as for the rego mistake the yellow would count in the schem of things cos its your details and you got pulled over and know its there so cant denie it, but if you go to court over it tell them you want to see the on dash footage and how they think its to low in regards to ground level. piece

Edited by Endless 32 v-spec

The thing that pisses me off the most is the fact that they were following me for a good 5kms before they pulled me over, all the while that taxi going over the limit as soon as the unmarked pulled out of a side street and behind me. Their excuse? "We can only do 1 thing at a time mate..." Yeah, well how about do the obvious thing and fine the dickhead taxi driver who is BLATANTLY breaking the law instead of going on a fishing expidition with me over something I have proven you wrong with. Wonder what would have happened if I had refused to open my car and let him put the sticker inside? Telling him to shove off I have proved him wrong.

I would be inclined to wait it out, however they have given me till the 10th to get it over the pits. Unbelievable.

Lol fail ^

Thats ridiculous they only gave you until the 10th, if what they are putting on the sticker isnt a danger to anyone, they are meant to give you 2 weeks. Definitely be making a complaint man

you were on ur drive way? when they pulled you over?

i would of told them to get off my property... closed my garage door and that would be the end of that!

ive heard this happening a few times before... bunch of d*ckheads...

As for waiting out the sticker, i wouldn't... your car may get de rego'd with out you knowing can = bigger trouble later.

In the case you get into a accident (Touchwood) insurance would be void... etc etc.

Edited by br3ndan

you were on ur drive way? when they pulled you over?

i would of told them to get off my property... closed my garage door and that would be the end of that!

ive heard this happening a few times before... bunch of d*ckheads...

As for waiting out the sticker, i wouldn't... your car may get de rego'd with out you knowing can = bigger trouble later.

In the case you get into a accident (Touchwood) insurance would be void... etc etc.

+1 "whats that officer? my licence is just inside, brb"

as far as them writing it wrong, its just because he wasn't breast fed as a child, if u go and ask pits/cops about it they will of course say u have to go to pits, if u wait and see what happens, 15 days after sticker expires u may end up with a letter in the post telling u to bring ur plates to the nearest dpi

Lol fail ^

Thats ridiculous they only gave you until the 10th, if what they are putting on the sticker isnt a danger to anyone, they are meant to give you 2 weeks. Definitely be making a complaint man

wrong

they only have to give 30 minutes which they allow you to get home

if they are real c*nts they can red sticker which cant be driven from the moment the sticker is placed

or theycan even go green and then ya not even allowed to sell it

wrong

they only have to give 30 minutes which they allow you to get home

if they are real c*nts they can red sticker which cant be driven from the moment the sticker is placed

or theycan even go green and then ya not even allowed to sell it

I was told by two different inspectors at the pits 2 weeks ago that the length of time they put on the sticker is relevant to the seriousness of what you are being stickered for...

my mates a coppa, and he told me himself they got a target to achieve daily before they can head back (to prove their doing their job)

it was just ur unlucky day, they just probably needed something to report back with, hence why they didnt care about actually measuring the height of ur car or even bother writing the right rego. best thing to do is just go to d pits and just take d sticker off. if everything is legal then ur good anyway.

better luck next time

f**k that.

Find out what station he's from, go find his boss, and make an epic complaint, Im talking behind closed doors and the whole station can still hear you.

Tell the guy to turn around, bend over and not look at you. See how long that little copgy has a job after that.

Lodge the complaint in more than one place., not just the cop shop, hit up the DPI and send off some emails. Dont just let these things slip guys, just because its "one occurance" - these little things happen too often.

careful, dont be a hero..

if you decide to take the them on, u better have some serious proof, because their job is to make the road safe.. hate them as much as u do, but there is nothing wrong in what they did, they're not qualified mechanics hence why they need to send any suspicious vehicles through the pitts if they think its not road worthy. especially with hoon laws etc. anyone who owns an import with bad driving record doesnt really help aswell. u really need to have plenty of docs to back up ur case. bcoz once you try to take them on and lose, u will be, and trust me on this one, ull be on their hit list..

and im talking giving u more hassle when they see ur plates or similar cars on the road.

careful, dont be a hero..

if you decide to take the them on, u better have some serious proof, because their job is to make the road safe.. hate them as much as u do, but there is nothing wrong in what they did, they're not qualified mechanics hence why they need to send any suspicious vehicles through the pitts if they think its not road worthy. especially with hoon laws etc. anyone who owns an import with bad driving record doesnt really help aswell. u really need to have plenty of docs to back up ur case. bcoz once you try to take them on and lose, u will be, and trust me on this one, ull be on their hit list..

and im talking giving u more hassle when they see ur plates or similar cars on the road.

what?

Who gives a toss... Stand up for your self when you get wronged.

its about the principle...

if i was in his shoes i would not hesitate to take it further. They can put me on their hit list for all i care.

Dont let them push you around just because they have a bit of "power"

Edited by br3ndan

as said before, Police have to pull over a certain amount of cars each time they go out on patrol, but as some of my friends are police officers, you have the right to stand up for yourself IF a police officer is in the wrong, even my friends know they have the power but they use it rightfully while some don't so you can step up against them. Even at the pits, they know some police are knobs, sending cars that are legal to the pits just so they get certain records on patrol.

Just make sure you have the right evidence and you should be flying with ease but be sure to be expecting to pay alot of $$$ in court cases.