SAU Community

What The Heck?

stormtrooper

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never been stickered before...knock on wood

but if u get a yellow for say the exhaust being too low...can they find other faults with your car while at the pits and add stuff to the list on the defect notice??

never been stickered before...knock on wood

but if u get a yellow for say the exhaust being too low...can they find other faults with your car while at the pits and add stuff to the list on the defect notice??

They look over your whole car, not just what's on the defect notice.
So have I.

And, if it's the first pass over the pits with a fresh sticker, they will check the whole car.

P.S. PowerFC is a full standalone ECU, you might be thinking of the Commander Tom, that is the handset/controller.

Hide the hand controller in the glove box

so unless there ripping up the interior they wont see the ecu

and Yes they will go over the whole car not just whats on the list

they only time they just go over the list is on the 2nd/3rd/4th attempt to check if you've rectified problems previously picked up

read bro

Awesome. So this morning I spoke to a Snr Sgt at South Fremantle Traffic and he had a look into the incident for me. Explained that whilst the taxi driver may have been speeding, they can turn a blind eye to this sort of stuff if they are more worried about a possible unroadworthy defect (my legal exhaust....) on another car. Hence they pulled me over.

He called up Osborne Park inspections for me and told me to go out there and see a bloke, Graham Parks, nice guy too.

Comes out and goes and grabs a 100mm piece of polly pipe about 3m long (I am not kidding :P ) and rolls it under the car and said "Yep, she's fine there's no way this was stopping for anything" Awesome. He had a look at my tint (the undercover area is a little dark even in broad daylight) and goes and grabs the light measurement tool. No worries, comes back out I wind down a window for him, and I asked him waht teh legal tint was he said %35. Sure enough, the light meter is around 31-32%. Sweet.

He had a look inside my cabin and didn't say a word about boost guage OR the boost controller, I had tucked the PFC controller under the center console though heh.

Pop the bonet, asked me why my belt cover was not on the front, said (and Travis can vouch for this lol) that it was like that when I got the car, just need to get the bolts for it so I can put it back on. No worries. No questions about the aftermarket turbo's or anything else. Asked me if the exhaust was loud at all and told him I hadn't had any complaints before or anything.

So I go back inside and sit down, he goes off and makes a few phone calls, comes back and we went out to the car, he took the sticker off and didn't charge me a red cent.

Bloody beautiful.

That's fkn awesome hahah

He had a look at my tint (the undercover area is a little dark even in broad daylight) and goes and grabs the light measurement tool. No worries, comes back out I wind down a window for him, and I asked him waht teh legal tint was he said %35. Sure enough, the light meter is around 31-32%. Sweet.

PS. The tint percentage I believe is the amount of light let through. 0% being no light, 100% probably being your window is down heheh

So 31-32% is illegal :P

But yeah I managed to get through with 20%, I don't even remember him checking my tint. Had the windows down but still..

Yeah, I decided to just call the guys up and be straight about the whole thing, make my point and let em know what had happened etc. Seems to go down well when you approach the subject level headed (as opposed to the guys handing out the lickys who can be tyrants, as proved on saturday night).

I think the inspector mentioned something about "rounding down the report to 20%" or something to that effect, but said that 35% or over on his light meter was illegal heh. Nice.

wrong

they only have to give 30 minutes which they allow you to get home

if they are real c*nts they can red sticker which cant be driven from the moment the sticker is placed

or theycan even go green and then ya not even allowed to sell it

Lol red sticker they dont exist anymore.

Anyways i would be checking firstly if your car is infact yellow worhty as they got the number plate details wrong. I would imagine it would still be valid as these morons make these mistakes often and they would have a back up for this.

Unfortunetly whether your in the right or not you can get a sticker for nothing. Just make sure the car is all good and take it through the pits.

Wouldn't be too concerned about it mate, if your car is all legal then it will get over the pits fine, then good ol' mr. officer has signed his name on the papers, you take that to the police station, say you would like to make a complaint and you want reimbursement for any money you lost going over the pits.

Lol

That wouldnt work dude.

hahahah ! When did you hear it?? Was that you at Glendalough today at 12:30? bloody parking...

Edit: aah fail, just noticed you have 32 GTR aswel, in the spotted thread noted that I saw a black R33 at Glendalough heh. But yeah I'm definately bringing to a cruise soon :P

Edited by stormtrooper

That's fkn awesome hahah

PS. The tint percentage I believe is the amount of light let through. 0% being no light, 100% probably being your window is down heheh

So 31-32% is illegal :P

But yeah I managed to get through with 20%, I don't even remember him checking my tint. Had the windows down but still..

I went through with 5% :P

All inspectors will do the general checks, lights, indicators and jack up front and check the wheels are on right hten obviosuly whats on the list of defects Anyhting else is totally up to them. Saying they will check everything is completely un true.

jack up front and check the wheels are on right

lol first time I've heard of that.. maybe the inspector I got figured if I can build/swap an engine I can bolt the wheels on fine :P

P.S. nice work stormer! are you following it up to seek reimbursement for time off work??

lol first time I've heard of that.. maybe the inspector I got figured if I can build/swap an engine I can bolt the wheels on fine :P

You must of made him feel awkward with your gheyness. He just wanted to get rid of you :P

Lol

That wouldnt work dude.

Worked for me, I got full reimbursement for the first pit visit, given that everything the officer put down on the sticker was laughable. The cops can sticker you for whatever they want, thing is technically they have to be right about it. They are not meant to sticker you unless they know you car is defectable. Some cops still do, and they are taking the chance that you won't make a complaint about it. I did, and i got my money back

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I did a pretty ruthless clean up before I left townsville. If it wasn't a part to suit a car I currently have it was sold or binned. I have all my stuff organised in big tubs with lids that stack from supercheap and bunnings depending on who was cheaper at the time. Parts were sorted by either chasis/motor/Fabrication/general/electrical. I have a mezzanine that's 7mx2.3m and all lives up there. Easy to access when needed and out of the way.  I also have the issue of selling and dealing with scumplace/marketbook was actually going to list stuff today but couldn't be bothered as been stuffed around too much. I generally let a few people know I want to off load stuff and people pass it on to others to contact me, generally easy sale and I'm never looking to make big dollars. Rather it gets used than go in the bin. Next clean up will be around Xmas and if doesn't go on the s15 it's going bar 2 sets of wheels. 
    • Did a little bit on the V37 today. I bought this LED kit out of the US https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/125953603618. Best I could find online but didn't look great, in the end the quality was pretty much right and it did come with locations for each light including rear number plate and a few spares. The factory owners' manual was also useful with information on where to pop each light out without damage. I prefer the LED look as I use it daily including at night and the LEDs are both brighter and the white light is easier to read with. Vanity mirror comparison, LEDs just look more modern The glove box was the only difficult one (and the only one that was previously blown.....), steps were Open glovebox 50% but not fully open Push up on bottom of the box to unclip it on both side, not screws or pins to remove Remove the top stays at an angle, right side then left, because.... Before dropping the glovebox totally, remove soft close clip on left Then, remove 7 screws to release the glovebox surround Twist the globe holder anti clock to release it from the surround In this case, the LED globe supplied was wider than factory and did not fit, so I ground down each side about 1mm then inserted it Last trick, start engine to check the LED polarity is correct, the globe only operates when the engine is running (whether the box is open or closed) I also moved the 4G booster and wifi across from the Fuga, a little frustrating as I could not find a good Accessories ACC source anywhere in the boot so I'll run a wire from the cabin next time I get a chance. Also, unlike the Fuga the external antenna wire does not quite fit between the rear windscreen and the body so I think I'll have to drill a hole in the roof to mount it. Probably not that interesting for most people so I'll just post once complete
    • Pretty sure I could do but it would need to be exported and reimported as the current import approval is race only. But in practice there are plenty of other practical reasons it can't be a road car despite their potential value these days like stripped interior looms, cage to cut out etc Nah, no mods to it other than updating the roll age to current regs. It makes about 350 (laggy) kilowatts on the N1s at 18psi which is enough to push it around the place
    • This is it, folks! Our final event of the year... The big one, you all know and love - Putty Road! It goes without saying, but this is the biggest cruise in our calendar each year! A nice long drive, with a hearty pub feed at the end! Do you need much more enticing than that!?!? So make sure you wash the car, get your cameras out, block out the calendar, and get ready! We know you're all as excited as we are, so make sure you lock in the details and date below: Date: Sunday 8th December 2024 Meet Location: Corner Windsor Road and Groves Avenue McDonald's / KFC (3 Groves Avenue, Mulgrave) Meet Time: Meet at 9:00am for a 9:30am departure Destination: The Royal Hotel, Singleton (84 George St, Singleton) Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-puttyrd Itinerary: We will meet at McDonald's / KFC on Windsor road and from there will head onto Putty Road. There will be a break at the Grey Gum Cafe (8679 Putty Rd, Putty) which we should reach at approximately 11:30am. For all the Newcastle folks this will be a good point to join up. From here we will continue on to Singleton for lunch. Please remember to fill up prior to heading onto Putty Road. There will not be a fuel stop until Singleton. To those running on E85, Freedom Fuel (old United) at Vineyard on Windsor Road has started selling there. At Singleton there is a range of servo's available including BP, Shell and Caltex. There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our many track days. This is an official SAU:NSW event and will be run under a CAMS permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there! 
    • Back by popular demand - we're lining up another Old Pac Run! Get your cars ready for one of the best night runs on the calendar! So without any ado whatsoever, here are the details for you to save: Date: Saturday 23rd November 2024 Meet Location: Cowan Truck Stop (Pacific Motorway - Refer to Map) Meet Time: Meet at 7:30pm for a 8:00pm departure Destination: Gosford McDonald's (65 Pacific Highway, Gosford West) Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-oldpac Definitely an easy one for this cruise, meet at Cowan Truck Stop and jump straight onto Old Pacific Highway! Final stop at McDonald's which has plenty of parking all around. Please be mindful of the added police presence lately so best behaviour is expected! There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our track days. This is an official SAU:NSW event and will be run under a Motorsport Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!