SAU Community

Pods Making The Car Feel Slow?

evilGTR

Hi,

I dont know if i anyone else has had this problem but since installing the apexi super suction kit i think my gtr feels well slower.

When the stock airbox was on the car it felt like it was pulling abit more compared to the pods.

I know its not even a 8kw gain with pods but is the stock r33 gtr airbox better then pods..

if it's not enclosed then the pod may be getting heatsoaked and your turbo is sucking in hot enginebat air instead of the cooler ambient air as with a stock airbox...which could explain it

with no heat sheild + the pods = negative power.

So no supprises there. It will feel particularly bad during traffic in summer too.

You need a heat sheild + cold air feed to get the most out of those pods and get back the lost power.

Ye, even worse than it does now in summer :P

going from a hot day to a cool night you can feel the difference in a very noticeable way that's how bad it can be

is the stock r33 gtr airbox better then pods..

Yep, always has been... always will :P

You need proper cold air induction to the pods for them to be upto the same standard as the airbox.

The factory airbox will do 350rwkw easy... put it back on :)

Mate I've got to rewire my z32's this arvo as I've also just got a super suction kit and was wondering whether you could let me know how you've wired the z32's up. From the literature I've read which was specifically for R32's and I own an R34 the wiring went from left to right ie left wire on stock plug goes to left wire on z32 plug, second from left to second from left etc. Are you able to confirm whether this is the case or not?

BTW did you leave your stock snorkel / air intake that went to the stock air box on?

Sorry for the hijack...