SAU Community

EOI: Group Buy Alarms> EziTRAK GSM/SAT Monotoring

meshmesh

I've spoke to the company that makes EziTrak & they are willing to give us a discount on their EziTrak Alarm Systems. Fitted the system retails around the $1350-$1450. If we order 5 $1120 fitted, or $1070 for 10. Doesn't matter what state, as they have dealers in all states. So far, I know they can arrange a demonstration for Melbourne & Sydney, I just have to let them know.

I'm not sure how good these are but, they seem to be the ants pants, any input appreciated. Basically the system operates like a normal Alarm, but has a paging system built around the GSM & SAT networks, so you'll need a sim card for the unit. In then event the car is broken into, you will receive a call or SMS, from there you can virtually control the whole car, including:

Security

- Your vehicle will call and send an SMS:

1. within seconds of ignition detection

2. if the doors are opened

3. if over speed is triggered "good trick, when lending car to someone, & they over speed..just ring them & tell em to slow down :P "

4. the battery voltage is low

Control

- With a simple phone call, you can:

1. check on your vehicle anytime

2. remotely lock and unlock the doors

3. remotely immobilize the vehicle

4. obtain status report over the phone

GPS Tracking

1. locate your vehicle over the phone

2. live tracking with amazing accuracy

3. black box recording playback on a moving map display

Emergency

- Your vehicle will call:

1. Your emergency contact person

2. send an SMS emergency message in the event of a detected emergency

Operating Cost

1. no monitoring fees

Overall, it's like a monitioring system without the fees.

for more info the link to the site is:

http://www.rojone.com.au/bandit/ezitrak.html

If anyones "SERIOUSLY" interested, I'll set up a Group Buy post & work it from there.

meshmesh

• 1 month later...

I know someone who is a fitter/dealer for this company. I have one in my vehicle...the system is excellent.

I had a talk to him. Normal retail price is $950 + fitting.

The other thing is that the unit does not come with battery back up. The battery back up add on to the system is an additional $50. The unit is useless without the back up as a thief can cut the main battery power and tow the vehicle.

My friend charges $950 for the unit + $50 for back up and around $250 to fit (depending on vehicle).

He is willing to supply and fit INCLUDING battery back up system for $1100 if he has an order of five units.

He will not fit the unit without battery back up.

He is in Sydney. If you are interested, I will supply contact details. He has a system in his vehicle which he can demo for you.

• 3 months later...

hi, just read your posting about the ezitrack gsm/sat monitoring - you mentioned that you knew someone that installs them - can u pass on the details onto me?

I heard that there was a new version that has been released with a serial upgrade port, do you know anything about that"?

Also you need to purchase mapping software - did you buy this when you got your system installed and how much it cost if you know?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I actually work for Rojone, im one of the sales guys.

Quick note, we sell the EziTrak basic kit for $985.00 with backup battery now, not inc. installation, which is $295.00. The fitters are mobile and will come to you, if your in Sydney, they have good experience too, i trusted them enough with my rx8. If your in another state we can still arrange installation quite easily.

Rojone is now working with another company called satrak, you can find more info on this on the website: www.satrak.com.au

We have joined with this company so we can also offer a monitored system, which insurance companies seem to prefer.

If anyone has any inquires or would like one of our price lists, you can contact me on my e-mail address: [email protected]

Take it easy.

Rob.

Hi,

I actually work for Rojone, im one of the sales guys.

Quick note, we sell the EziTrak basic kit for $985.00 with backup battery now, not inc. installation, which is $295.00. The fitters are mobile and will come to you, if your in Sydney, they have good experience too, i trusted them enough with my rx8. If your in another state we can still arrange installation quite easily.

Rojone is now working with another company called satrak, you can find more info on this on the website: www.satrak.com.au

We have joined with this company so we can also offer a monitored system, which insurance companies seem to prefer.

If anyone has any inquires or would like one of our price lists, you can contact me on my e-mail address: [email protected]

Take it easy.

Rob.

Interesting, particularly the monitoring service (personally I want someone looking out for my car when I am asleep / mobile is off / etc). How do you think your system compares with that of say Telematics or Quiktrak?

Lucien.

Hey All,

I cant even log out of this name and get my own, somthing weird is happening. Im pretty sure its not an issure with the computer.

Anyhow, ill answer your questions.

Quicktrak had its limitations in range, they used RF triangualtion to find your vehicle, get it past certain suburbs and it doesnt work anymore. Im using past tense becuase as far as i know they are not selling anything at the moment as they went into voluntary liquidation.

Telematics, the Thales Orchid system is hard to find good info on, i have been told my a Merc dealer that it doesnt offer the ability to disable the vehicles engine. As for the rest i am unsure. Their webiste doesnt appear to be working too well.

adrian , when i wanted a tracker i looked around and i found ezytrack to be the best at the time ( 9 months ago ) i dont know what the others have to offer now but forget quiktrack , its the worst one around , no cover outside sydney metro . give this guy a ring ( i'll pm you his number ) and he can tell you better than me . check your pm .

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

jsut decided to dig up an old thread and ask how poeople are finding the EziTrack system...also wat kind of simcard do u need...?pre-paid work or how does it all work...also does it include an alarm or do u need that seperatly?

cheers mark