SAU Community

Afm Readin 100% 5.1v On Ignition

SXY_33

Hey guys,

the other day i was was soldering my z32 afm plug onto my series 2 r33. this is wat i connected:

original Afm------------------Car-----------------------z32 (markings)

1-----------------------Orange + Blue-------------------- (B) signal

2-----------------------Blue + White---------------- © + (D) Joined the two ground wires.

3-----------------------Black + White------------------- (E) 12v

while i was soldering my lil sister decided to turn the key to ignition (coz she likes the blue lights on the cd player) so some of the wires touched, but i heard no noises, i pulled the key out and continued, figured the worst that could happen was a busted fuse.

when i finished i pluged in my z32 and turned the key to ignition, and my safc2 is reading 100% airflow, so i plug in the ecutalk cable and it too is showing 5.1v which i thought was wierd as the car is off. so i try turn it on n nothing, it just wont turn over. sometimes it almost does but. so i solder back the stock afm, thinking maybe the z32 is faulty but i hav the same problem.

i checkd all the fuses under the dash and they r all fine. then i thought it might be the ECU. so i tried turning the car on without an afm connected n it starts. it idles round 1100rpm and sounds normal for a cold start.

ive double and triple checked the wiring and its correct according to every wiring diagram i can find on the net. i plan to put a z32 ecu with a nistune board, but dont want to continue without solving this problem.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. its just doing my head it!

yep was the ecu. took it out n opened it up, checked the pinout n founf the afm pin, and sure enough there were burn marks on the ecu. got a z32 and hopefully wont take too long to get the nistune fitted.