SAU Community

In Need Of Some Assistance

Hello everybody, my name is steve I`m from Germany and I need some help. Because my english is not realy good, don`t laugh about funny sounding things I give my best to let you know what I mean. So sorry again for the bad english.

Here is the problem.

I bought the original " Hero car" Nissan Skyline R34 from universal pictures. This is the only car that was sole driven by paul Walker and none of the dummy or stunt cars.

Now comes the problem I want to know what engine belongs in the car original. For every other Nissan car i can just call a Nissan dealer give him the VIN of the car , he looks in his computer and can give me the Engine Nummber.

Not for this car! Not for R34 in general. I talked to dealers and the general Importers in Europe,Germany,France, Great Britan, USA nobody can help me. The all told me I would have to call Nissan in Japan or find a dealer in New Zealand or Australia.

I spend about 3 hours on the phone try to reach somebody at Nissan Japan, but nobody could help me they just do not speak english or they just do not understand what I want from them. One Guy even ask me if this is a Joke because the engine Nummber is stamped on the engine so if I got the car I can see the engine Nummber?? This all is fine but what I wanted to know is the engine Number the car was original produced in November 2000.

So please does anybody of you know a Nissan Dealer who can look in the system and find out the engine Nummber that original belonged to the car?????? This is the VIN the car has now , it could be changed in the first Numbers because the car was Imported to the USA for the Movie and the VIN perhaps was modified at the first few letters, but even with the VIN I got here we can find out when the car was produced the options and the colour so it should work.. This is what I got VIN: BNR 34-400109 .

Thank you for your assistance. :P

post-67182-1254773901_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Steve on your great acquisition!

One of our guys here at SAU can help you with that VIN# that you supplied. You can shorten the time by looking for the Thread "VINS you want fasted"

Try Middlehurst Motorsport GT-R and contact Lynda Boyle GT-R Liaison Manager for support if that's lacking in Germany.

Nissan High Performance Centre

Jackson St, St Helens

Merseyside WA9 1AW

UK

Ph: 01744457161

Fax: 01744611377

E: [email protected]

W: www.middlehurst.co.uk

Background: Andy Middlehurst has a Nissan Dealership & imported many GT-Rs into the UK from Japan.

Hope this helps, Terry

Congratulations Steve on your great acquisition!

One of our guys here at SAU can help you with that VIN# that you supplied. You can shorten the time by looking for the Thread "VINS you want fasted"

Try Middlehurst Motorsport GT-R and contact Lynda Boyle GT-R Liaison Manager for support if that's lacking in Germany.

Nissan High Performance Centre

Jackson St, St Helens

Merseyside WA9 1AW

UK

Ph: 01744457161

Fax: 01744611377

E: [email protected]

W: www.middlehurst.co.uk

Background: Andy Middlehurst has a Nissan Dealership & imported many GT-Rs into the UK from Japan.

Hope this helps, Terry

Thank you but I had a 20 minute call with Andy 3 Days ago , nice guy and very friendly, but he could only help me with the 100 cars that where imported to GB with assistance from Nissan.

Thanks again but I even do know the biggest GT-R Dealer in Germany and he could not help me.!!!!

Thank you but I had a 20 minute call with Andy 3 Days ago , nice guy and very friendly, but he could only help me with the 100 cars that where imported to GB with assistance from Nissan.

Thanks again but I even do know the biggest GT-R Dealer in Germany and he could not help me.!!!!

How do I get throug the thread VINs.................................??? :P

OK - Understood Steve...

Stay on board the SAU Ship then...

AND Post up on http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/VI...ed-t128496.html

...for more info!

I just found it 2 minutes before I read your answer.

Now I will see if this works!!!

Thanks a lot.

If you need anything about the car (pictures etc. ) let me know. :P

We'd love some pics of your new "BABY" Steve :P

Inside & Out!

Any leftover bits from Mr Walker? Can you sample some leftover perspiration from the driver's seat for marketable DNA? haha

Nick aka Black_Widow was one of our Organisers at the 10th Anniversary of the R34 GT-R Celebration earlier this year. He co-opted our link with Universal Studios with lots and lots of goodies for the prizewinners.

Just released NOW is a feature of that event in a magazine called "Performance Imports" where Nick scripted a wonderful write-up.

You can buy it via [email protected] and make sure you ask for Edition #113

It's also a magazine where you can source lots of parts for your car if you can't find them in the For Sale section on Skylines Australia

Also this week, that event above is featured in a new DVD called MOTIVE DVD #3 which is available online on...

[email protected] or www.motivedvd.com

Nick was our link with JetMultimedia too!

All in all, the guys here on SAU can be extremely helpful, so ENJOY!!!

We'd love some pics of your new "BABY" Steve :rant:

Inside & Out!

Any leftover bits from Mr Walker? Can you sample some leftover perspiration from the driver's seat for marketable DNA? haha

Nick aka Black_Widow was one of our Organisers at the 10th Anniversary of the R34 GT-R Celebration earlier this year. He co-opted our link with Universal Studios with lots and lots of goodies for the prizewinners.

Just released NOW is a feature of that event in a magazine called "Performance Imports" where Nick scripted a wonderful write-up.

It's also a magazine where you can source lots of parts for your car if you can't find them in the For Sale section on Skylines Australia

Also this week, that event above is featured in a new DVD called MOTIVE DVD #3 which is available online on...

Looks like we got a similar Taste.

This is one of mine two :ermm:

We'd love some pics of your new "BABY" Steve :rant:

Inside & Out!

Looks like we got a similar Taste.

This is one of mine two :ermm:

post-67182-1255012111_thumb.jpg

I've read a couple of your posts & seen a couple of pics to see that you're a real collector Stefan.

You even have some original RE-01R tyres on there ^^^?

edit re similar taste?: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/po...pr2009st104.pdf

After reading that, you'll have proven that your grasp of the English language is soooooo much better than my German haha

And you talked to Andy Middlehurst at St Helens with his Liverpudlian accent eh?

Hey Steve,

Welcome and congrats on the purchase.

Did you have any luck in being able to verify the engine number was the original engine?

I've tried this in the past but also ran into brick walls and had no luck. As far as i know FAST does not have this info, only the engine type. Not number.