SAU Community

R35 Wheel Studs (longer Ones!)

LSX-438

Any anyone installed longer wheel studs on their R35? I used some cheapish wheel nuts which have farked up a couple of studs. I might install some stocker ones again, but thought i might think about some stonger/longer ones.

Anyone?

Also after some quality elongated wheel nuts, any recommendations?

Cheers :cool:

thanks for the links, much appreciated.

I have sent off an email to those people. I only need the longer studs (not for use with the stocker wheels). See what they say.

Plus i need them rather urgently, got the final round of the state sprints next week, so probably cannot wait for something to arrive form the USA. :(

thanks for the links, much appreciated.

I have sent off an email to those people. I only need the longer studs (not for use with the stocker wheels). See what they say.

Plus i need them rather urgently, got the final round of the state sprints next week, so probably cannot wait for something to arrive form the USA. :(

Duncan, off topic but are you running one of these new Cobb Maps that everyone is talking about? If so hows it going and did you get it from Willall?

Duncan, off topic but are you running one of these new Cobb Maps that everyone is talking about? If so hows it going and did you get it from Willall?

I sure am! And sure did. Only got one session with the tune in though, unfortunately i had other issues (stripped wheel studs!) when swapping wheels out.. so i had to cut it short today unfortunately. What i did experience was impressive though, more linear power application. And Jesus the top end is insane, i was literally overshooting turn 1 at Oran Park South (several times). I'll have a write up when i can get some more track time in, end of next week.

I sure am! And sure did. Only got one session with the tune in though, unfortunately i had other issues (stripped wheel studs!) when swapping wheels out.. so i had to cut it short today unfortunately. What i did experience was impressive though, more linear power application. And Jesus the top end is insane, i was literally overshooting turn 1 at Oran Park South (several times). I'll have a write up when i can get some more track time in, end of next week.

Thanks mate, i'll be talking to Croydons ASAP. Let us know how it goes when you fix those wheel studs.

Any anyone installed longer wheel studs on their R35? I used some cheapish wheel nuts which have farked up a couple of studs. I might install some stocker ones again, but thought i might think about some stonger/longer ones.

Anyone?

Cheers :)

The only wheel studs I ever run on my cars are either german made genuine Porsche studs, or genuine ARP studs from an authorised ARP supplier ...

Here are links to the wheel studs section of the ARP catalog at http://www.arp-bolts.com/Catalog/Catalog.html ...

http://www.arp-bolts.com/Catalog/Catalog.PP/Catalog066.html

http://www.arp-bolts.com/Catalog/Catalog.PP/Catalog067.html

Rocket Industries seems to sell ARP wheel studs in Australia ...

http://www.rocketindustries.com.au

Also after some quality elongated wheel nuts ...

large1050.jpg

Project Mu make a set of nuts called the Project Mu Racing Floating Nut.

It features a 'floating' collar which can rotate on the nut meaning improved contact with the wheel and more consistency when setting nut torque.

They are made of Chromium-molybdenium steel/SCM435, Aluminum cap.

More info on them here ...

http://www.tunersgroup.com/Online_Store/pr...ating_nuts.html

- The Tuners Group

thanks for the links.

Bosnjack Engineering apparently sell them too (for R35) - the extended studs, i have ordered some

Those project mu nuts looks schmick (should be for $400!)

Quick question: has anyone changed wheel studs on an R35? How did you do it? It looks like the hub itself needs to come off. Interested in info from people who have done it. Did you need a puller to get the hub off? cheers.

To answer my own question, and with help from NAGTROG member Neoseven, yes you DO have to remove the wheel hub to get new wheel studs in (done fronts tonight). I have taken a bunch of pics and plan to do a writeup showing how it's all done for anyone is interested. FWIW, i think it's possible to replace the stocker sized studs without removing the hub, however to install elongated studs the hub just have to come off. There are a few little tricks to it, and shortcuts which i will put in the writeup.