SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

ive always had some degree of issues.

anyway so i was swapping and changing between 3 diff radiator caps for last event or so... i pulled out the pressure tested and tested the radiator.. no leaks in the cooling system there however not a single one of the 3 caps i tested held pressure... so binned them all and fitted one that worked/tested out ok. also changed the fan hub to a known working one. See how it goes this weekend.

2011 drift season has come to a close for me... with an engne/head failure putting me out of action half way thro g1 it has sealed the deal on the rest of the year for me... but i dont mind because ive had an ABSOLUTLY epic year with some awesome drifting with close mates and mixing it up with interstaters.

In the last 4 weeks alone i have done a prac night at lala, Drift Attack at Calder park, a private test day somewhere in sa then next day, Tailem bend Stadium drift followed by G1 today so its been a fair ask for the motor because lets not forget that this year i have done all G1 rounds, most stadium drift SA rounds, Winton matsuri, calder park ADGP and man.. what an absolute blast it has been! for the motor to give up now im not all that fussed considering what it has seen me thro.

I cant thank my team enough....i got a great bunch of friends who are awesome to drive/work/crew/drink with and it just makes it all that much more enjoyable

I also need to extend a special mention to my wife who has non stop supported me thro the year no questions asked, organised things for me and put up with my shit haha... thanks heaps Jenna!

I'll be taking the next 3-4 months off drifting my s14.. mainly because i want to finally do the things that ive been putting off for ages... tidy it up and present the new look. I will still be driving in my missile 180 however.

2012 season is planned to be a big one.. anyone willing to get on board and work with a fantastic team please feel free to contact me.

Thanks to the following business for helping me out!

-Am Performance

-Garage 7

-All Type Crash

-Sonic Performance

-NPC clutch

-SA Motorsport Tyres

-2 Up

-Skid Rowe Engineering

-Holeshot

-LTMedia

-Thumpa lighting

-nisswreck

remember...drift for fun ;)

Edited by Simon-S14

first lap of the day the motor was reaching temps of 120-130 degrees and boiling the coolant.. thats just one lap ... came back in bled the system, topped it up as we thought it was an air lock or something. checked rad cap and pressure in cooling system. didnt seem to be retaining pressure. went back out and did another lap. same thing.

for qualifying i had it all topped back upchanged some things around and for my first qualifying lap i went into the esses and nailed the line then as i was coming onto the straight it just lost a huge amount of power and the temp guage sky rocketed. pretty sure the ECU hit protection mode or something like that. came back in... more coolant. went back out and did a 2nd qualifying run on low boost. seemed ok

then during the break we stuffed around with heaps of things and basically came to the conclusion that the head must be cracked... with the old coke bottle in the radiator full of water and the motor running after it was all bled up.. would just keep bubbling away and never stopped bubbling. so we put some Seal Up in it as we had nothing to loose. for battles it seemd like it was going to work as the car was going ok when i had my top 16 battle... however as soon as went into top 8 battle it started boiling the coolant again and lost all power....in fact on the 2nd run i had maybe 100 rwkw and was clutch kicking the shit out of it on turn1-2 to keep some sort of drift going... too many kicks and i spun. but spin or not i knew i had lost due to how shit it performed prior to that.

so all in all.. shit day for me

so far the list of stuff to do goes something like this.

List of things for the 2012 Version

- Engine bay over haul. Strip out anything not needed. Smooth over holes, eliminate battery tray, install tubs.

- Tube frame the radiator support

- Select largest radiator possible to fit and adapt thermo fan and fabricate shroud to fit

- Remove factory wiring loom and do a full rewire with fuse panel inside the car and custom switch gear

- Possibly fit aftermarket peddle arrangement??

- Add more bars to roll cage and side intrusion

- Remove OEM side intrusions from doors. Completely gut them

- Remove heater and everything from behind the dash

- Full respray of interior

- Remove all panels off car and repair existing damage

- Fit new s14a front end, respray car in new colour

- Repair boot hole

- Make new alloy uprights for the wing and mount to outer edges

- Repair engine do I stick with existing engine or go with something different?

- Remove AFM and go with aftermarket ECU

- Assuming sticking with RB, fit GTR throttles and redo cooler pipes in alloy

- Go back to a larger intercooler size

- Sandblast all wheel centers and paint in gunmetal grey and have the dish polished

- Re do front suspension and lower control arm design

- Make drift work hubs fit. Fabricate twin calliper design.

- Drink beer

epic man! Was great watching you out at ADGP VIC and on scottys video's. Glad you helped him get down there for Tail em because that intro is f**king awesome.

Hope to see you next year tearing it up still with the rebuilt car!

Good move on the S14 front again, did u have heating issues with the S14 front? As it had a lot more air flow then the 180 front, and looked way better!

Get a peddle box for coolness if nothing else

prob going white... doesnt sound exciting i know but once stickered will look awesome.

26/30 i have toyed with.. but i dont have the cash to do it properly. neo is serving me well and its cheap yet effective. to do a 26/30 is minimum 6K for the block/head combo...

Good stuff!! i will be keeping a close eye on this thread, let me know how you go with getting the tubs bud, i may have to paint my car a different coliur as i was going to go white :P also theres someone selling a gtr throttle set up to suit 25 in the parts section, you not interested in running a front facing plenum with 80/90mm throttle?

Edited by shy_s6