SAU Community

C34 S2 Battery Size?

did a search, but came up empty

what's the size of a standard battery in a C34 S2 Stag?

i'm looking to get my hands on an Optima D34M, which is 10"x7"x 8" (254x175x200), LxWxH

is 200mm going to be too tall, and hence foul on the bonnet? might need a bit more than 200mm, after adding terminals etc.

thanks all :cool:

mine came with a panasonic 220 or 250 cca piece on crap, i drained it in 3mins leaving headlights on!

looked like it would fit in a toddlers motorised car/motorbike that you buy from toys r us.

just poppin out to the garage to take a pic of the beast battery i put in and grab some measurements.

650cca from memory, about the same size you'd put in a 4wd or small truck :(

brb

It's an exide din 66

27.5cm long

17cm wide

18cm tall

i recon you could go:

- 18cm wide...tight fit.

- 28-29 cm long, but it will get close to the radiator, hose, inlet manifold and pickup more engine heat

which would be detrimental to battery life.

This is what i was worried about, but 2.5 years and it's still fine, no leakage/sweating.

- 20cm tall looks like it's ok and wont foul the bonnet. that would include terminal posts. (overall height).

Autobarn staff are normally very helpful and will help with a test fitment, chat to them.

ps. 610cca, as per the pic... and i've left lights on for 2hrs before at work and no sign of drain with this battery.

post-38314-1254904109_thumb.jpg

post-38314-1254904141_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stagea_Neo

As above mine came with a useless piece of ""it" Lasted about three weeks.

Got a Supercharge EG, 600 cca, 230 x 160 wide x 185 high excluding terminals. Never missed a beat and run 4 amp cooler all day no worries. Actually apart from a tie rod end it is the only thing I have HAD to replace in 31/2 years.

I would not recomend you put a optima in .

I work for a battery sales company and the optima are way too over priced and they have a warranty but to actualy use it is like pulling teeth.

if you need a battery with high cca out put but still an amp hour rating i would suggest you run a dry power 12v 26ah wich is what i have in my car.

they are lighter and smaller then a optima and still have good cca ( 600 cca @ 5sec) and good Ah ( 26amps @ 20min).

you should be able to get one of these from any battery shop , if they dont have a dry power you can use any SLA ( sealed lead acid) battery that is rated for cycle use and not stand by.

if you want any more info just ask.

I would not recomend you put a optima in .

I work for a battery sales company and the optima are way too over priced and they have a warranty but to actualy use it is like pulling teeth.

if you need a battery with high cca out put but still an amp hour rating i would suggest you run a dry power 12v 26ah wich is what i have in my car.

they are lighter and smaller then a optima and still have good cca ( 600 cca @ 5sec) and good Ah ( 26amps @ 20min).

you should be able to get one of these from any battery shop , if they dont have a dry power you can use any SLA ( sealed lead acid) battery that is rated for cycle use and not stand by.

if you want any more info just ask.

how much are the dry power batteries?

the D34M is sealed, deep cycle, 55ah and 750cca

can get one for $270 too, which is quite reasonable considering the RRP of $475

• 5 months later...

Series II battery went dead the other day so I thought I'd let you reap the rewards of my research..

OE = 80D26R (cold weather spec.) (±260mm X ±172mm X ±225mm incl. posts) listed in no particular order..

Brand | Model | CCA| RC | Price | Origin

Century | NS70X | 545 | 130 | $225 | Australia

Exide | N50ZZMF | 600 | 130 | $??? | Australia?

Bosch | 90D26R | 620 | 140 | $215 | Unknown

Bosch | 110D26R | 680 | 160 | $lots | Unknown

Supercharge | MF80D26R | 670 | 140 | $135 | Philipines

ALCO AtlasBX | 90D26R | 630 | 130 | $150 | Korea

ACDelco | S80D26R | 600 | 130 | $??? | Korea

Enjoy!