SAU Community

Evo 6 Or Dc5r

blackeagle299

yea thats true,even sometimes we're ricing up our car a little without knowing lol. but malaysia is really one of the countries with worst done up cars lol. I think Hong Kong is alot better than malaysia. In a recent TVB drama, i saw this blue toyota van with lots of gauges on the dash, bodykit and racing look kinda van lol. Is that common in Hong Kong ? =)

Anything is possible over there, because most people that drives sports car over there, have deep pockets, so they can dump alot of $$ into unneccessary rice lol.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a good one, thanks bro =) but just wanna to ask is the fuel consumption very bad tho ?

Any car is bad at fuel consumption if your flooring it 24/7. but i'd say it would be good at not consuming petrol, that's just based on the assumption that it is like the Non Evo Lancer 2000 CE model (4 door) that my mum has lol. <- That thing can literally take u to the city and back from where i live with $15 of petrol.

I drove to Dromana from Cranbourne with $20 Petrol money in the Skyline (r31) and that drinks fuel like a bitch. (mind u it was to dromana and back) and when i arrived home i was just above red light. But nonetheless that was because i drove like a grandma (or at least abit fast to keep up with the Supra's and R34's at Supra Club australia) and then i basically had abit of fun at Drom lookout. But yeah $20 in a car that drinks petrol like a bitch. Think thats a good effort.

evo 6 is horrible

A typical uneducated reply from yourself.

I just got myself a Nice stock Evo VI and by far its the best import I have owned.

I have had almost every generation of skyline, S13, Cefiro, chaser, supra etc and in terms of performance, fit and finish on the vehicle they are not even a worthy comparison.

All I can suggest is - go for a drive in a DC5 then go for a drive in a Evo 6.

If your looking for Comfort and luxury or style - dont buy one - My VZ commodore is quiet, comfortable and you feel like your driving a lounge.

To answer your economy question - it is quite good, I get around 380 to a tank with mixed driving however the tanks are very small - something like 48 liter.

Edited by Starionturbo

I just got myself a Nice stock Evo VI and by far its the best import I have owned.

I have had almost every generation of skyline, S13, Cefiro, chaser, supra etc and in terms of performance, fit and finish on the vehicle they are not even a worthy comparison.

All I can suggest is - go for a drive in a DC5 then go for a drive in a Evo 6.

If your looking for Comfort and luxury or style - dont buy one - My VZ commodore is quiet, comfortable and you feel like your driving a lounge.

To answer your economy question - it is quite good, I get around 380 to a tank with mixed driving however the tanks are very small - something like 48 liter.

Thanks alot for the informations bro. Do u mind to share how much do you pay for the Evo ? Do u import it or just grab one around ? Thanks alot

Verbal Ko.

Thanks alot for the informations bro. Do u mind to share how much do you pay for the Evo ? Do u import it or just grab one around ? Thanks alot

There's heaps around VIC, i was looking at Carsales the other day and there was like 5 for sale for like $20k. or around $20k anyway. But yeah, you can't argue with a Evo, they are pretty damn good cars. Fairly luxurious too, When i sat in my brothers it was like more comfier than my Family R31, lol.

Hi everyone, sorry but this is nothing to skylines, hope you guys wont mind. Would like to know what you guys think bout these cars

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6 and Honda Integra DC5 Type R

Im looking to get one of these soon and just cant make up my mind after some time. Been searching bout these cars for some time and i guess i might know some tiny bit bout them. I will keep them as stock as possible and just want to know which one will hold their resale value better (after 1-2 years)? will be happy for any comments, Thanks

My budget is around 20k

Jeff

mate in the end it all depends on what you're looking for in the car. the evo value drops each year, unless its the tommy mack edition which will probably keep gaining value as a collectors item. but the evo 6 has been rated the best of all the evo's (excluding evo 10) and is all around an awesome car for speed and handling. however since its age, it isnt exactly a very modern car. as for the honda, it will go well and hold some value as its newer. it will get twice the fuel economy of the evo and u probably wont have any problems with it as its a much newer car. but like i said u should buy what u will be most comfortable driving and whichever one will work better for u in the long run. good luck

from my limited knowledge best suggestion was save up more and get a cheapo car, also remember that cheap doesnt mean funless.

as stated evo hold might need repairs but goes hard n is a drivers car, yayness, oh broke the gearbox.... damn $$$$

new nice honda... personally think its ugle dc2 was nicer, its vtec... love the jokes :thumbsup: and its front wheel drive... fun fail.

dont know what you should get but the tommy mak sounds good to me, but if u aint going to thrash it... evo for sure, and if u wanna save up n have fun, as always i wave the old rwd toyota flag :)

support me jamie! now! grrrr anyways look forward to seein ur choice n pics of it even if its the honda, i still rkn its ugly tho lol cheers dude.

from my limited knowledge best suggestion was save up more and get a cheapo car, also remember that cheap doesnt mean funless.

as stated evo hold might need repairs but goes hard n is a drivers car, yayness, oh broke the gearbox.... damn $$$$

new nice honda... personally think its ugle dc2 was nicer, its vtec... love the jokes :) and its front wheel drive... fun fail.

dont know what you should get but the tommy mak sounds good to me, but if u aint going to thrash it... evo for sure, and if u wanna save up n have fun, as always i wave the old rwd toyota flag :)

support me jamie! now! grrrr anyways look forward to seein ur choice n pics of it even if its the honda, i still rkn its ugly tho lol cheers dude.

LOL!

+1 Josef.

Well said.

Don't know about fuel economy on the Evo's

We went to Fallscreek in three cars, 2 x Evo VI and a 34Gt-t. Halfway there and the two Evo's need tank up already while the 34 still have half of a tank left. Mind you the two evo's were regularly maintain.

We used to go cruising alot, mainly drive around at night in my old gtr, my mate's evo VI, another mate 180 and it always the case of the Evo need to tank up way before us RWD do.

Its up to you or how you're going to drive it, regardless both car will be fun in every aspect accept for straight line stuff because the Evo will win everytime.

oh i forgot to mention before i got into skylines i was looking at evo's and i found that all evo's up to the aussie standard evo 9 have 45litre fuel tanks and a from knowing that and from my mates who own evo's u will be lucky to hit 300km from a full tank

if you're worried about fuel, then go get a yaris. Sorry to sound mean but its the truth.. performance cars burn fuel thats all there is to it

My mate has an Evo 8 and he gets around 250km a tank i have a r34 and i only get max 300 a tank.. but thats due to tuning and how we drive etc...

In reply to your question .. An evo 6 TME would be better than a DC5R.. but by the sounds of it you dont want to spend money on maintence so go get the dc5r

if you're worried about fuel, then go get a yaris. Sorry to sound mean but its the truth.. performance cars burn fuel thats all there is to it

My mate has an Evo 8 and he gets around 250km a tank i have a r34 and i only get max 300 a tank.. but thats due to tuning and how we drive etc...

In reply to your question .. An evo 6 TME would be better than a DC5R.. but by the sounds of it you dont want to spend money on maintence so go get the dc5r

Wow....Max 300km per tank... You must have a heavy foot :D