SAU Community

Tcs Switch Not Working On R34 Gtt

Flecher

hi guys, my tcs switch doesn't work, when i press the switch it doesn't turn off the TCS.

I just got my car back from mechanic as my car couldn't start guess some sensor broke down. The mechanic rewire sth so it could start but then when i push the TCS button the TSC OFF light is not showing up on the dash. I wonder what's wrong with it.

Also, i got this TCS off , SLIP and Engine warning light on and the engine seem to crank and keep misfiring. But when i turn off the car and start again they gone again. I wonder what's the problem? Is sth wrong with the coilpack? as i feel the engine cranks so much n keep misfiring when those light on.

Need advise from everyone. THanks!

rewired what exactly? i cant think of anything needing re wiring to fix a break down on a 34. what was the cause of the breakdown...

because my mate's car got smashed at the front and cause has not spark to start up his car. When he turned on the car the engine just cranking and no spark to start it. Therefore the mechanic rewire sth to make it start. Perhaps i should get him to talk to mechanic.

• 2 months later...

I do not think my TCS switch is working in my car either. Although mine hasn't had any rewiring done or anything. From reading this thread looks like there is a fuse so I'll go check all that now.

One question i have is how is the TCS Off switch meant to work do you just start the car and press the switch and then TCS off will come up on the display?

Also is the switch meant to be like a light switch wear you flick it and it stays there or like spring loaded kind of switch wear you press it and then it comes goes back to it's original position after pressing? Just asking as mine is like the spring loaded kind of switch

Edited by Marcus89