SAU Community

Budget Audio System

Amaaru

Hey everyone,

I recently got an r33 but the sound system in it is shocking. I wanna replace it but am on a fairly tight budget of ~$600.

I already have some kenwood headunit but it's not very good.

I was thinking it would prob be better to pick up parts as I save up money rather than buying a whole setup for $600.

Any advice on what to look for and whats good? Im very new to all of this haha.

Thanks in advance

If you have $600 limit, try Jaycar for a sub and combo. A 2 ch amp, 12" sub in box, and all your cabling and fuses should come in at under $600.

Jaycar Sub & Amp combo.

Only just found that! If I didn't already have a Jaycar 4x50WRMS amp, and 12" boxed sub, I'd be buying one of these.

Leaves you coin to upgrade your HU too.

600 include fitting?

I bought some cheap brand Boss system, came with sub, box, 6x9s, 6.5s, 4ch 4x100rms amp and 1 lot of cabling for $200. Definately not the best, but keeps me happy. Shop round.

ah sounds like it was a good deal.

I spose Ill probably save up and pick up parts as I go.

A friend of mine gave me 2 bose 6.5s out of his 350z. They are the stock ones that came with it, dno if they are any good haha. Reckon I should try using them?

Chef stagea just posted a bunch of audio stuff for sale.

Can check it out under his posts on his user profile here http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/ch...gea-m47249.html

Anything there worth considering? Keepin in mind Ill be slowly picking up parts to put it all together

Edit: Heres the stuff for sale

MB quart Reference (one of the best speakers they make) 6.5" splits with cross overs, all mounting gear and covers etc $200 (cost$450)

used in box

technical shet:

power handeling 70 -140 w

4 ohms

.75 inch tweeter (can be seperate or mounted on speaker)

they crank pretty damn well

MOMO Polk mmc650 6.5" 2ways same as above got all the gear and boxes, used but good nick $150

tech shet:

180watt

80 watt rms

4 ohms

Pioneer amp 4 channel (i think... not too good with amps) ive got front rears and has room for sub imput i believe. havnt got part number with me but can $200 with wiring kit

whole lot for $500 perfect system imo

Edited by Amaaru

been that way since inception into cars. honda did it in the early 90s in the legend

the idea is low impedance - high power output.

Yeah i know the prinicipals of why they do it, just never came across it before. anyway ill stop spaming this guys thread haha.

MB quart Reference (one of the best speakers they make) 6.5" splits with cross overs, all mounting gear and covers etc $200 (cost$450)

used in box

technical shet:

power handeling 70 -140 w

4 ohms

.75 inch tweeter (can be seperate or mounted on speaker)

they crank pretty damn well

MOMO Polk mmc650 6.5" 2ways same as above got all the gear and boxes, used but good nick $150

tech shet:

180watt

80 watt rms

4 ohms

Pioneer amp 4 channel (i think... not too good with amps) ive got front rears and has room for sub imput i believe. havnt got part number with me but can $200 with wiring kit

whole lot for $500 perfect system imo

I bought this! Now I gotta install it somehow haha