SAU Community

Legal Not Legal?

AlexbRo!

can cops yellow a car for theses items? if so which ones??

anyone any input is appreciated

as im a red p plater still and i got picked on AALOTT with my old skylines so wanna no the rules

screamer pipes? obviously not legal but wats the penalties? anyone know and waistgates too wats the rules on them??

um do i need permits anyone no???

pod filter?

front mount intercooler?

18" rims? (standard size is 16 i think)

fiberglass bonnets?

straight threw 3" turbo back exhaust (thats gota be illegal?) hot many hiflo cats or wot has to be done to make it legal but keep it loud?

oil catch can?

HIGHT.. if its not legal hight can i get a permit for how low it is? or does it have to be 100mil from the ground??

let me no guys

cheers

screamer pipes? obviously not legal but wats the penalties? anyone know and waistgates too wats the rules on them??

pod filter?

front mount intercooler?

fiberglass bonnets?

straight threw 3" turbo back exhaust (thats gota be illegal?) hot many hiflo cats or wot has to be done to make it legal but keep it loud?

oil catch can?

HIGHT.. if its not legal hight can i get a permit for how low it is? or does it have to be 100mil from the ground??

These have all been answered before dude. Learn to search, learn to spell too...its healthy.

Screamer pipes and any kind of exhaust air exiting before the last window is illegal (might need to be a certain distance past the last window, not sure, but inside the engine bay is definately illegal, no penalty, yellow sticker)

Pod filter you should be OK but some people have permits for them, need to be secured at 2 points.

FMIC requires a permit

18" should be ok seing as theyre not 2+ inches from factory, anything bigger requires permits, any adjustment of the total circumference of the wheel requires recalibration of the speedo.

Fibreglass bonnets are all good (as far as I know)

Exhausts - you need cats, high flows are illegal, and you need to keep it under 100dB, besides you dont want to keep it loud.

Oil Catch needs a permit

Height must bee atleast 100mm off the ground, at any point. They measure this with weight in the car, so keep it well above 100 to be on the safe side.

The bastards will defect your vehicle even if you have a mod permit.

Have a read of this CLICK ME, it's my personal experience with defects to date.

Keep it legal and get screwed over anyway, or do whatever you want and get done for something that you did.

It's your call.

These have all been answered before dude. Learn to search, learn to spell too...its healthy.

Screamer pipes and any kind of exhaust air exiting before the last window is illegal (might need to be a certain distance past the last window, not sure, but inside the engine bay is definately illegal, no penalty, yellow sticker)

Pod filter you should be OK but some people have permits for them, need to be secured at 2 points.

FMIC requires a permit

18" should be ok seing as theyre not 2+ inches from factory, anything bigger requires permits, any adjustment of the total circumference of the wheel requires recalibration of the speedo.

Fibreglass bonnets are all good (as far as I know)

Exhausts - you need cats, high flows are illegal, and you need to keep it under 100dB, besides you dont want to keep it loud.

Oil Catch needs a permit

Height must bee atleast 100mm off the ground, at any point. They measure this with weight in the car, so keep it well above 100 to be on the safe side.

i wrote this in a rush sorry bowd it haha

but no i am new to the site so no i dont no how to search

but thanks anyway

chur

The bastards will defect your vehicle even if you have a mod permit.

Have a read of this CLICK ME, it's my personal experience with defects to date.

Keep it legal and get screwed over anyway, or do whatever you want and get done for something that you did.

It's your call.

yeh cheers bro ill have a read

ive got 2 skyline

one is as stock as can be as its only my daily driver and they still managed to yellow me for a slight crack in my front bar as its a hazard to other drivers!! talk bout bullshit ae.. racists cops haha

The button up at the top right of the page maybe?

Anyway, why do you want a screamer pipe and a loud car?

my other skyline has a straight threw 3" turbo exhaust no cats nothing. and i had a leak on my exhaust manifold so the easiest way of fixing it without pulling my exhaust of completely was putting a screamer pipe or waist gate which i did..

my skyline i use daily has a 3.5 turbo back exhaust with a 3"dump pipe and a hi flo cat and i passes pits with it, in fact both my cars have been yellowed and ive passed pits and ii no there some illegal shit on them so thats why im asking wats legal and whats not

but to answer your question i just diss like driving a performance car that is quiet.

Leak on exhaust manifold, so you put a screamer pipe on?

That makes no sense at all buddy, unless you purely wanted to drown out the sound of the leak with the scream.

Im not going to fire up a contradiction war, but why a screamer? why not a split dump? just as much effort, and less chance of a yellow.

If "easy" and "quick" was the way to go, I'd have been be registered months ago, and had countless problems between now and then - it pays to take your time and put a bit of pride into things :ermm:

I highly doubt you passed pits with that kind of exhaust setup, inspectors arent like cops, they do actually know their shit most of the time.

can cops yellow a car for theses items? if so which ones??

anyone any input is appreciated

as im a red p plater still and i got picked on AALOTT with my old skylines so wanna no the rules

pod filter?

front mount intercooler?

fiberglass bonnets?

oil catch can?

let me no guys

cheers

Police can sticker you for anything if they want

even a ciggy butt in the ashtray is a yellow sticker offence (classed as a fire hazard)

duh wtf!

pretty obvious ur car is illegal, fibreglass bonnet, screamer pipe, external gate etc

u should really do research before u go buying cars

vehicle regulations

thanks for your input..

car was standard wen i bought it, ive modified it dont really give a shit about whats legal or not

my first car was a standard 32 and they yellowed me for nothing.

just finding out what the rules and regulation are thats all as i dont no but thanks anyway

Leak on exhaust manifold, so you put a screamer pipe on?

That makes no sense at all buddy, unless you purely wanted to drown out the sound of the leak with the scream.

Im not going to fire up a contradiction war, but why a screamer? why not a split dump? just as much effort, and less chance of a yellow.

If "easy" and "quick" was the way to go, I'd have been be registered months ago, and had countless problems between now and then - it pays to take your time and put a bit of pride into things :D

I highly doubt you passed pits with that kind of exhaust setup, inspectors arent like cops, they do actually know their shit most of the time.

you can doubt as much as you want bro i have a straight through and they didnt say a thing about it, the only problem was it was too low and they let me of on the condition the car be raised

if i was to put a split dump pipe i may as well pull my whole exhaust out and fix the problem properly. but putting a screamer will do fix the problem just fine..

im really not fussed on what is legal or illegal, this post was purely just for my own general knowledge of what is aloud and what isnt.

i dont know anyone who would would want a quiet performance car anyway.

im a red p plater which means i get picked on irrelevant of what is legal or illegal on my car so or if ive done something wrong or if the pulled me over for no reason i really couldn't car less bout the f**king cops

Yet you made the title of the thread "Legal Not Legal?"

indeed i did.

like i said i posted the topic for my own "general knowledge" as i do not know the exact rules and regulations. doesnt bother me at all what is legal or not on my car tho. Im targeted being a RED p plater with a skyline unfortunately not the best of combinations

indeed i did.

like i said i posted the topic for my own "general knowledge" as i do not know the exact rules and regulations. doesnt bother me at all what is legal or not on my car tho. Im targeted being a RED p plater with a skyline unfortunately not the best of combinations

Buy yourself a Hyundai Getz and stop driving your Skyline. Obviously your intellectual is pretty much the same as a donkey.

Please let us know how much fine you get when you take your car to the pit and they find out that you've got a screamer

and a de-cat pipe. :D