SAU Community

Fs Vic - Ford El Falcon Futura - 303rwkw Lpg Turbo Sleeper!

Hi All,

Time for a change!!

Open for an outright ideally (price and info below) or I'm open for swaps for anything decent of interest, happy to go cash either way depending on the car.

1997 EL Falcon Futura sedan

-206,000 kms

-Red in colour

-Grey interior

-Auto

-ABS (have pulled fuse for more predictable on the brakes spooling/burnouts)

-Cruise control - still there and working, just need a factory bracket to hold the cable to the rocker cover.

-Tinted windows

-Power front windows, Remote central locking etc

The car itself is in very tidy, clean condition. It's not perfect, but that's all part of the sleeper theme. Has a few scratches and dints that you'd expect for a 12 year old car, but the paint is very shiny and overall the car presents very well.

Interior is in excellent condition. Absolutely zero rips or tears, no wear on the steering wheel or gearknob, even the boot is spotless! Only modification in the interior is a boost gauge under the ashtray, which is fairly discreet and easy to cover when required.

Mechanically it has a freshly rebuilt bottom end and head (less than 8000kms old!), has prepped rods, ARP stud kit and a few other touches that I can't quite remember. These engines, even in standard form, tuned correctly are known to hang together with big power.

Turbo setup:

6Boost exhaust manifold,

50mm wastegate,

Brand new genuine Garrett oil/water cooled T04Z - less than 1000kms old!

Turbo blanket/beanie.

Bleed valve to adjust the boost.

3" mandrel bent exhaust from the turbo back. The tip is even squashed oval just like the factory one, so you can't tell is has an exhaust. It's fairly quiet too.

600x300x75 cooler. Painted matte black and factory mesh installed in front of it, so it's completely unnoticeable to the untrained eye.

The piping under the bonnet has been painted black to look as standard as possible.

Fuelling consists of:

Gas Research (GRA) LPG setup consisting of an S480 throttle body, twin B2 converters, twin lines all the way to the tank and "hi flow" lock offs.

The petrol system is still present and working. It runs very well on petrol, but as it's the standard pump, injectors etc you can only cruise off boost. It's still very handy for when you run out of gas, or can't be stuffed filling up!

This car is cheap as to run, and costs me less than $10 per 100km to run!

Ignition:

Crane Hi-6 MSD Ignition and LX92 coil. I've mounted the Hi-6 setup inside the passenger kick panel to keep it dry and safe.

ICE 9mm Race leads

Custom tuned ignition map via a J3 chip in the factory ECU. Map sensor has been modified to bypass boost to avoid the boost cut in the standard ECU.

Transmission:

Auto has been rebuilt with extra clutches and has a shiftkit, which is not too firm to be a cop to live with.

3000rpm stall converter which retains electronic lockup for normal relaxed highway cruising.

Diff:

Diff is the standard 3.08 ratio (excellent for loading up the turbo and helping it spool early) with a mini-spool.

Suspension and brakes:

Suspension is stock as a rock all round, which helps it hook up well.

Brand new DBA slotted front discs and Bendix pads.

Brand new tyres all round, Pirellis up front and cheapys on the back, as they never last long!

The entire build is less than 8000kms and 12 months old!

The car is currently putting out 303rwkw. This is through an auto with a hi-stall. There is room for more though, and while it has plenty of turbo headroom, fuel and spark to keep going, it needs better intercooling to go further. There is half a water/meth injection setup already in the engine bay, but a good quality cooler will reduce restriction and easily see a fair bit more power on the same boost.

Overall, the car is a massive sleeper and given the standard ride height, standard hubcaps, stock looking exhaust, matte black cooler behind the bumper etc, it has never had a 2nd glance from the police.

Inspection welcome in Cheltenham or Reservoir VIC.

As I said, I'm open to swaps, but would take $12500 with nearly 12 months reg for an outright sale.

The car has just had a brand new turbo, new tyres, new brakes, auto service, full engine service, a full detail, rego's just been paid, and will come with a full tank of petrol and a full tank of gas!

Please post or PM for any questions.

Thanks,

Justin.

12102009965.jpg

12102009967.jpg

12102009973.jpg

12102009969.jpg

12102009970.jpg

12102009971.jpg

12102009972.jpg

12102009959.jpg

12102009960.jpg