SAU Community

Old Top Gear Gear

ras1983

seems as though the new gtr suffers the same problems of its older brother blisteringly quick but ultimately uninvolving.oh well take enjoyment in the fact that while youre smashing everything else on track...i was going to add more but i think that bout sez it

• 2 weeks later...
Name a car that 'keeps' it's value?

You can pick up a R33 for 30K now that cost 100K when released. the Ferrari that its just a few seconds faster than (on that track) cost probably 300K on release and 200K or so now. (approximate, of course).

You can pick up a R33 for 30K now that cost 100K when released. the Ferrari that its just a few seconds faster than (on that track) cost probably 300K on release and 200K or so now. (approximate, of course).

Ok so it's lost 70% of it's original value in what, 14 ish years. That's not holding its value...

Ok so it's lost 70% of it's original value in what, 14 ish years. That's not holding its value...

Err, that's exactly what i said. "50000 pounds. Hasn't kept its value since then... (good or bad, who knows?)"

Compared to the ferrari, at least. My point is, you can get a car that's about as fast (in certain conditions) for a lot less nowdays.

yeah... nah, your wrong

Private Price Guide $104,700 - $118,800

both are worth about a 1/3rd of their original price, except if you bought the ferrari you would have lost triple the money :blush:

So obviously we need to all be rich and buy cars like ther Ferrari F40 and McLaren F1 which GAIN value.

I'd like to see top gear do a test like this now with newer versions of these cars... well an evo instead of the 3000gt.

Edited by aDrew_C

One thing Id like to point out.

For a Ferrari of that price range, would only have about hmm 5-20k kms on the clock. If you have a look around, Most are Very low Kms.

Now if you did the same comparison to teh R33 for examlpe.? How much do you think you would have to payf or a R33 GTR thats only done a 'Genuine 15k kms'

My guess. 50k -65k or more?

^^^Dont they always :P

lol "teh GTR can neva loose!!" - it's a right call though, gtr's are uninvolving to drive. seriously, i've driven r33 gtr's that felt slow, and then it runs a 12 all day every day lol.