SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

that was a theoretical statment, they may be. Personally i don't like the sound of rebuilding and engine <100,000km's so i'll never play with them. But i shouldn't actually say never becasue the do make huge power considering their displacement.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell her that it is a 2 storke engine (Even though it doesn't have any strokes), so in effect it'll use twice the fuel that a regular 1.3 litre 4 stroke engine does. It's also why they are rated at 2.6 litres when compaired to piston egines and why they make so much power from 1.3 litres.

told her that. she looked at me like id just asked her the square root of 16 billion.

that was a theoretical statment, they may be. Personally i don't like the sound of rebuilding and engine <100,000km's so i'll never play with them. But i shouldn't actually say never becasue the do make huge power considering their displacement.

theyre pretty average on fuel. lowest ive seen the consumption for one in town/suburbia (where she and most people will use it) was about 10l/100km, highest was in the 20's...

as for the rebuilding engines every 100,000km, very true for the older design engines (fd and older), more so when theyre boosted and modded, but not so true for the new peripheral port engines they use in the rx8, service life is a lot more generous.

... but its also a lot less exciting.

Edited by scandyflick

"lol"

:lol:

:D

:O

I thought that you couldn't type in the emoticoms but it must just be that there isn't one for :lol:

Oh it's 126491.10640673517327995574177731 by the way but i did use a calculator. :P

Edited by D_Stirls

Tell her that it is a 2 storke engine (Even though it doesn't have any strokes), so in effect it'll use twice the fuel that a regular 1.3 litre 4 stroke engine does. It's also why they are rated at 2.6 litres when compaired to piston egines and why they make so much power from 1.3 litres.

I would've thought closer to 3.9L

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ro...ck-t287781.html

Knock yourself out on that thread... :D

its the same old thread as every other rotang thread.

"rotors suck, why?"

cue jokes about busted seals and the rspca.

argument about why everything else a superior engine and that rotors sound like bad gay sex.

finish with something about an ls1.

i just saw the 3.9 litre bit but i think that is a crock, they only use 1 side of the rotor each power (Stroke) so they are only using the 1.3 litres. that's like saying that a 2 litre engine is really 4 litres because the pistons sweep 4 litres per full cycle.

Also that bit about gearing up the eccentric shaft 3 times to use regular gearboxes is also grasping at straws. They use a 3 times gear up because the rotor has 3 sides, so him saying that they could step it up to 6:1 then there would have to 6 sided rotor which would be huge.

Edited by D_Stirls

uuuugh.

itunes just decided to purge 80gb of music from my ipod.

now for the tedious task of reloading all that music from about 12,000 different sources (3 hd's, and a couple hundred cd's...)

235's all round could work. but im not lowering it more. low enough as it is. srs. exhaust scrapes and front wheels scrub as it is.

lulwat? What are the wheel and tyre specs on the one in the pic?

Tuck the exhaust up and roll the front guards and maybe a slightly narrower tyre and you will be able to go lower to end up with the real shit fitment wise, or just pull your guards a bit so it reps flushness and doesn't look so cop-happy.

i just saw the 3.9 litre bit but i think that is a crock, they only use 1 side of the rotor each power (Stroke) so they are only using the 1.3 litres. that's like saying that a 2 litre engine is really 4 litres because the pistons sweep 4 litres per full cycle.

Also that bit about gearing up the eccentric shaft 3 times to use regular gearboxes is also grasping at straws. They use a 3 times gear up because the rotor has 3 sides, so him saying that they could step it up to 6:1 then there would have to 6 sided rotor which would be huge.

I have nothing against rotary engines, in fact I love them and the sound they make, but I have to agree with the whole 3.9L displacement argument as each rotor has 3 combustible sides to it for every one rotor revolution (not crank or eccentric shaft revolution).