SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get a job u bum :) lol enjoy the gov sponsered holiday for a lil bit first though

No can do champ, cause we got a package the government won't give us any money....Depending on how many months/years worth of package you get is how long you can't get centerlink for...

least they did it on a nice day - he can spend the next week at the beach heh

-D

Cairns beach as well all things going well :D Was meant to finish friday but they ended up working all weekend cutting machinery up and will be for another 3-4 weeks to come

Did they send anyone out to Nylex Fuel Tank Systems?

Nope, no transfers anywhere, fuel tanks has been sold to a chinese firm pending government approvals....How you know about nylex and FTS???

Wow. Parts for the RB26 are so confusing. Everyone recommends different things and plays down the use of others.

:D

it aint just 26's its all car stuff, people have a bad experience with something theyll flame it good :) there is always a possibility a car was about to blow and it was just a coincidence you changed engine oil around that time etc

Yeah no shit hey. Trying to find out about catch can setups/ oil mods for some piece of mind and just when I get some useful info someone two posts down trashes it.

All I want is a lightly tuned reliable GTR.

• Oil mods like which catch can, relocator and oil cooler
  • Front pipes (No I'm not going to AM Performance
  • Pods or panel filters
  • clutch, ebc, injectors, cams, fuel pumps.

Too many options, too many chances of buying a brand thats not going to work well.

Yeah no shit hey. Trying to find out about catch can setups/ oil mods for some piece of mind and just when I get some useful info someone two posts down trashes it.

• Pods or panel filters

Too many options, too many chances of buying a brand thats not going to work well.

Sometimes doing a bit of outside forum research might be good too....just putting it out there....go on the manufacturers website's and try to find out more details etc

• Pods or panel filters

Can get non atmospheric nismo type catch cans with a clear tube bolted to the side, they work quite well. Keep it non vented for regency reasons. I got the greddy cooler and relocation kit, its quite good and you can choose where to mount the components.

Front pipes - if you wont go to AM performance (ive not been a customer but his work looks impressive) then some stock r34 gtr dump pipes will do you well, otherwise u can talk to Mark @ Exhaust Tech (he fitted my junbl resonator and mufflers)

Pod filters are my personal choice, esp the 3A brand. They were rated first in Wheels magazine 2 years ago and they beat reputable brands like Apexi and others. Theyre $25 each and are a dry filter, meaning it wont clog your AFM's up.

If you're going mildly tuned, forget the cams and dont worry about the clutch until yours starts going... I have a greddy profec B spec (type 1) which is a brilliant controller, however again it comes down to personal preference. You'll only need a fuel pump and injectors if you're planning on going over 300kw, and you'd need better (non ceramic) turbos before you consider boosting past 1 bar. However that said, if you want injectors I can get them cheap from the USA, and the nismo fuel pump is one of the best replacements out there for GTRs, simple direct replacement with no mods of the fuel cradle necessary.

depends on how hard u wanna go on it really, and if your wallet is endless

-D

Sometimes doing a bit of outside forum research might be good too....just putting it out there....go on the manufacturers website's and try to find out more details etc

Manufacturers websites will tell you everything a product claims to do and nothing it doesn't. You also wont see any bad feedback.

Yeah I was talking to Dohmar last night about this sort of thing, and while I get alot of guidance from the forums, I also ask my mechanic and tuner who both have extensive knowledge of modifying imports also.

See. Thats what I miss about the dirty 20. Motor was so cheap I couldn't really give a f**k if it goes bang. Now I'm like.. wow.. if this motor goes pop, that's a whole lot of f**king money.. So I wanna do everything I can to prevent it..

Good mod list damo. Now just need the $8k to buy it all haha

not bad but theres ways to save money

http://www.carbonblack.com.au/buy-car-part...filter-202.aspx $25 x 2 is much cheaper than the Apexi airfilter kit, and the 2nd filter damo linked is simply a replacement element for the stock airbox.

These injectors http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=310&page=1 are typical jap aftermarket price, however you can get Siemens Deka injectors (From 300cc to 1600cc) for around $360 for a set of 6. 700cc is way to big for a street car, you'd only want 700cc's if you're planning on going over 400kw. 575's are big enough for most street cars.

Yes GTR's are bloody expensive but the trick is to replace stuff only when you need to, and do a minor upgrade when replacing said component. Shop around, you'll be surprised just how cheap you can get quality parts for - while I like justjaps range, they're a little bit expensive for some of their items (those dumps they have for example can be fabricated by AM performance for half the price, and he'd fit them for you too)

-D