SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

Yeah no shit hey. Trying to find out about catch can setups/ oil mods for some piece of mind and just when I get some useful info someone two posts down trashes it.

All I want is a lightly tuned reliable GTR.

• Oil mods like which catch can, relocator and oil cooler
  • Front pipes (No I'm not going to AM Performance
  • Pods or panel filters
  • clutch, ebc, injectors, cams, fuel pumps.

Too many options, too many chances of buying a brand thats not going to work well.

It's simple, there's ASSLOADS of recommendations out there. Easiest way to pick what works, go to the RB26 dyno thread, compile a part list, work from there. That way you know what works and what doesn't.

As for your list...

[*]Oil mods like which catch can, relocator and oil cooler - JJR Autech catchcans are the trick, simple, cheap, easy

[*]Front pipes (No I'm not going to AM Performance) - If you're not going to listen to heaps of people recommending you see Andrew, I won't answer this, he is cheap, does quality work and his service is second to none

[*]Pods or panel filters - Standard air box is good for 400atw, it also lets a shitload more cold air in through the air guide, do the math

[*]clutch, ebc, injectors, cams, fuel pumps - Clutch; a nice twin is my opinion but that's personal preference. EBC; anything like the Profec B or the Blitz SBC. Injectors; 700cc Sards, straight drop in, easy as (although not needed if keeping standard tubos). Cams; not needed. Fuel pump; I prefer the Nismo for straight drop in but you can get by with an 044 or 040 Bosch

There you have it, a nice, easy, reliable part list.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually gets a bit chilly sitting around in datacenters/server rooms, now if only IBM graced us with variable fan controls.

... Glad I don't have to go into the server-room actually .. bloody freezing in there :P

[*]Front pipes (No I'm not going to AM Performance) - If you're not going to listen to heaps of people recommending you see Andrew, I won't answer this, he is cheap, does quality work and his service is second to none.

+fkn1. bit of a no brainer really. dude does quality work for not much more than you can get cheap chinese shit for. and a helluva lot cheaper than some other 'professional' exhaust places that take the cheapest possible options and then charge you top dollar.

^^^ do you really need to change front pipe? Mine made 326kw at wheels with the stock one...

Possibly no, however I'm one for as little restriction as possible and if you've ever seen the pissy stock ones, they are restrictive (especially the 32GTR ones). I definitely noticed a positive effect when I got my dumps fitted, came on boost a little earlier and sounded a lot better. I know for a fact on Steve's car that changing his increased his boost by 4psi instantly, less restriction, more flow. A total whore of a job to fit them on a 26 but hey, nothing on a 26 is easy.

It comes down to how far you want to go/how much you want to spend on your car.

Possibly no, however I'm one for as little restriction as possible and if you've ever seen the pissy stock ones, they are restrictive (especially the 32GTR ones). I definitely noticed a positive effect when I got my dumps fitted, came on boost a little earlier and sounded a lot better. I know for a fact on Steve's car that changing his increased his boost by 4psi instantly, less restriction, more flow. A total whore of a job to fit them on a 26 but hey, nothing on a 26 is easy.

It comes down to how far you want to go/how much you want to spend on your car.

Spark plugs :thumbsup:

Never really understood that design but then again I suppose it's necessary to accommodate for the SMIC

ideally , i want to get a forward facing plenum because i HATE the stock 25 style plenum but thats wasted money with stock power /nod