SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 plug from a cheap set of chinese iridium sparkies didnt work

new champions in, started but runs like crap.

cheers. I thought it wasnt meant to start. :down:

yeah i put my 575cc's in my gtr with a stock ecu, ran extremely rich till we lowered the fuel rail pressure (even then it ran poorly), and once we put nistune in we were able to get the K constant entered and tune it properly

nistune ftw

-D

550cc siemens I paid $360

here :http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/550c-FUEL-INJECTORS-NISSAN-SKYLINE-RB26DETT-RB26-GT-R-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414d151c67QQitemZ280466103399QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTr

uckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

how much are Siemens 700cc Ben

given the current shitty exchange rate (0.89c vs the 0.98c when chad and I got our sets), just over $600 for a set of 6 side feed injectors 700cc (assuming its for ur rb25). i dont get mine from ebay, i source them direct from miami so I can take advantage of the 1 year warranty. Side feed injectors are strangely more expensive than top feed injectors, gtr 700cc injectors can be got for $550 given the current exchange rate.

if you can wait till the dollar gets better you can save a bit of cash, otherwise I can get them in after 2 weeks shipping time.

Injector brands are either Siemens-Deka, Bosch or Lucas, whichever meets the specifications requested.

-D

yeah for RB25 thanks Ben

in no rush just wanted a ball park figure of what to save for

if our dollar goes up, you can expect to pay around the $500 mark rather than $600 odd... let me know when u want em and ill calculate the cost (if you watch the exchange rate, you'll want something in the upper 90cent range for a decent buy

your other option is to get top feed injectors and get a rail conversion kit

-D

*******Continued from the Spotted Thread.******

What is wrong with the Xtreme Clutches? I know your reason Dion, but why Exedy over Xtreme?

My tuner suggests Xtreme Heavy Duty Kit, ISC suggests Xtreme Motorsport Kit - Driven a mates R32GTR with this clutch and wasn't too keen, he isn't too keen on it either for a daily. Then speaking to Jim, he suggests neither....ahhhh, too many choices.

Surprising how many phone calls i got today from people i haven't spoken to in ages, all asking if i was at G1 so we could catch up, was at work however :down:

A few people on this forum have driven my car, and every one of them have commented on how it has a nice pedal - I totally agree. But, if I'm: a) doing a fast hills drive or b) stuck in traffic, it dicks around.

Abe, I am pretty sure Extreme and Exedy are the same thing - the $2,500 twin plate clutch I bought from Brenton at Adelaide Clutch for my S15 had BOTH brands written on the box.

Buy a heavily clamped (like 1,100kg - and you will need it with your power level) organic single plate clutch and you will be set. It will only last 40,000-50,000km, but they are relatively cheap ($1,000ish) and are pleasant to drive with. And if you find the pedal feel too heavy for you, you can modify the spring setup at the top of your clutch pedal assembly to make it more to your liking.

DO NOT under any circumstances get a twin or triple plate - they are almost always absolute cops to drive, and you will end up hating your car - I certainly did with the S15 - biggest mistake I ever made and I blew the twin plate in under 15,000km (did include many drag days though). I know some people have had joy with twin plates, but for 99.9% street driving and for any sort of daily driving forget it.

Abe, I am pretty sure Extreme and Exedy are the same thing - the $2,500 twin plate clutch I bought from Brenton at Adelaide Clutch for my S15 had BOTH brands written on the box.

Buy a heavily clamped (like 1,100kg - and you will need it with your power level) organic single plate clutch and you will be set. It will only last 40,000-50,000km, but they are relatively cheap ($1,000ish) and are pleasant to drive with. And if you find the pedal feel too heavy for you, you can modify the spring setup at the top of your clutch pedal assembly to make it more to your liking.

DO NOT under any circumstances get a twin or triple plate - they are almost always absolute cops to drive, and you will end up hating your car - I certainly did with the S15 - biggest mistake I ever made and I blew the twin plate in under 15,000km (did include many drag days though). I know some people have had joy with twin plates, but for 99.9% street driving and for any sort of daily driving forget it.

Depends Andrew, spend big dollars on a decent Nismo twinny and she'll drive like standard. But no, Xtreme and Exedy aren't the same

Wouldn't mind a Nismo Single Coppermix.

I've got the Super Coppermix twin in mine. It used to have a standard clutch, with the Nismo one put in, I didn't even notice the clutch had changed. Drivability is incredible

I installed a Extreme cushioned button on a mates car not long ago, drives like standard, holds 350 + rwkw, took out a exedy cushioned button that melted! and was bloody heavy under foot too.

Extreme have got there skylines kits well sorted these days, would recommend no problem at all.

Depends Andrew, spend big dollars on a decent Nismo twinny and she'll drive like standard. But no, Xtreme and Exedy aren't the same

+1

the nismo twin is what i'll get once my current one dies

i'll grab the nismo master cylinder at the same time too tho

-D

Alot of incorrect info flying around in here.

The whole idea of going for a twin plate is to avoid a heavy pedal....which is what a single with a thicker diaphram will give you.

I'm not even a fan of the singles with solid centres that are running buttons because they are very unforgiving on you and your driveline......these don't affect pedal pressure though.

Triple plate is a total waste of time for your car Abe.....not to mention that you will always be trying to release 3 plates before you can change years...not very good for lightening shifts.

Nismo have probably done more testing on GTR's than anyone else in the clutch department and have come up with 2 versions of the Twin Copper Mix one has a slightly heavier diaphram than the other, hence slightly heavier pedal but more clamping pressure.

I ran the lightest of the 2 Twin Copper Mix kits and found the pedal to be lighter than the factory single because they rely on surface area (being twice as much) and not clamping pressure which gives the heavy pedal. The use of organic material is for forgiveness on your driveline (ability to slip it in traffic) but with a mix of copper to increase grip and reduce fade on the track.

IMHO, either of the 2 Nismo twin setups give you flexibilty between street and track which would suit your specific requirements Abe.

Having said that, a car that's used mainly for track like Andrew's (Blue 32) would not benefit from this set up as he would want very little slip and lightening changes.....plus he doesn't idle in traffic so clamping pressue is not a problem in this instance.