SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok boys i need some help.

My drain has been blocked for about a week now (I think its blocked) when you have a shower the water comes up out of the drain on the floor which is under the bench told agent at the inspection last week and the landlord sent his mum here about 15 min ago with some stuff in a black bottle saying sulfuric acid for drains, I read the instructions and poured 1/4 of the bottle down the drain and stand for 5 min then flush with cold water but it started smoking and had this really bad smell, i put a folded up towel over my face and held my breath and put the bath tap on and the smell has gone through my house and i have thrown up everywhere out the front. WTF

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-a...3-1225882947361

NS.com does something good for a change... and gets in the paper.

Good on 'em :D

Thank f**k... Amber Petty has gone from SAFM.

Hopefully she's also left Adelaide for good.

+1

(waits for Melissa to flame me) :)

My drain has been blocked for about a week now (I think its blocked) when you have a shower the water comes up out of the drain on the floor which is under the bench told agent at the inspection last week and the landlord sent his mum here about 15 min ago with some stuff in a black bottle saying sulfuric acid for drains, I read the instructions and poured 1/4 of the bottle down the drain and stand for 5 min then flush with cold water but it started smoking and had this really bad smell, i put a folded up towel over my face and held my breath and put the bath tap on and the smell has gone through my house and i have thrown up everywhere out the front. WTF

LOL Kelly.......tell him you want a plumber NOW!!

Depends on if your plumbing is PVC or earthenware, in most older areas it will be earthenware in the ground and PVC or Galv under the house depending on age. The smell might very well have been the Sulphuric acid eating through the PVC, normally Drano will smell a little (mainly like Amonia) but shouldn't be that bad and really shouldn't travel through the whole house.

She looks like a boiled horse! :D

hahaha that was pretty funny

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-a...3-1225882947361

NS.com does something good for a change... and gets in the paper.

regardless of what we do.....all it takes is another peanut to do something stupid in a import and we are back to square one

tell your landlord that you want a plumber asap.....not his f**king mum......most cases the landlords cover the bill sent by the plumber etc.......sulfuric acid is highly toxic kelly......if you have been throwing up everywhere then my suggestion is go and see a doc asap......also have to make sure that there is no toxic "air" in the house as it will affect everyone in the house.....if you cant smell it doesnt mean it isnt there.....be safe

LOL Kelly.......tell him you want a plumber NOW!!

I sent him a SMS and he hasnt replied just like it took 12 months to fix the roof in the laundry cause if it was raining outside sure as shit it would be raining inside

+1 Pete, what a shit landlord! God forbid the roof caves in, he will give you a hammer, some nails, and tell you to fix it!

most probably would, the heater blew up last week up and he told me if insurance doesnt cover it i will have to go with out for a month or 2 until he can afford to buy one

Depends on if your plumbing is PVC or earthenware, in most older areas it will be earthenware in the ground and PVC or Galv under the house depending on age. The smell might very well have been the Sulphuric acid eating through the PVC, normally Drano will smell a little (mainly like Amonia) but shouldn't be that bad and really shouldn't travel through the whole house.

It was so bad i couldnt go in the house for over an hour also the house is about 40yrs old

also depends what was clogging up the drain :|

I dont know, i dont have long hair

and Krish i know i rang the poisions info line cause i rang my step dad and he went nuts at me cause he should have come and done it and im also almost 4 months pregnant they said i should be fine but yeah, the stuff is called mo-flo

Hey Kel, have a read through ur rental agreement. Are there any clauses relating to repair? i used to property manage a block of flats, and for items that are considered a necessity of daily life i wrote in there would be a 2-4 hour response time to assess any damage/need for repair.

it did result in me getting up in the wee hours a few times and repairing fuses, and also sussing out busted water heaters. From there i would make a verbal commitment to the tennant with a maximum time that it would take to resolve (i used to go out on a limb big time with this).

It is fairly common for land lords to want to fix things themselves... but that being said, i find it hard to believe the "mum" didnt stick around to make sure it works ok now. im my opinion both yourself and the landlord have taken reasonable action so far (apart from the mums lack of giving a shit). Given that working drains are a necessity of daily life, a plumber should be sent out quick smart.... not only so you dont have to be in a stinky flooded shower, but it also could cause further damage to the property (i'd play this card with the land son of rajab.... it is their investment after all)

/2c

Postie just rocked up with my new toy (the one on the left is new - I already had the V35). Stoked for just over $50 delivered for a 1:24 Jada diecast. Pics don't do it justice! The smaller one is my R35GTR Transformer :P

post-669-1277263135_thumb.jpg

post-669-1277263149_thumb.jpg