SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

vectra could be sold tomorrow :P after just one day on car sales :)

looked at another VS II 5 litre satesman this arvo, i miss my old one, would love to get back into one.

i dunno, my missus will be the primary driver... do i really need a V8?

my mates uncle owns a car yard and has a VX V6 berlina i can have for 8g... i dunno,

ill be happy with anything other than this damn vectra pos! lol

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fine and partly cloudy day. Light to moderate southwest to southeast winds

min 20 max 30

:O

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs?!

haha, it just came to mind when i was reading their misunderstanding. :P:)

Lol, fair enough

vectra could be sold tomorrow :sick: after just one day on car sales :)

looked at another VS II 5 litre satesman this arvo, i miss my old one, would love to get back into one.

i dunno, my missus will be the primary driver... do i really need a V8?

my mates uncle owns a car yard and has a VX V6 berlina i can have for 8g... i dunno,

ill be happy with anything other than this damn vectra pos! lol

v6 will mean cheaper fuel, cheaper insurance and, i think, cheaper rego. = more cash for the track car. If your missus isn't dead keen on a V8, i say dont bother. Go witht he VX thats newer, less k's, less maintenance.

I love it when I get calls transferred to me from the Womens and Childrens hospital.

Seriously, how the f**k does that work?

I work for the Attorney-General's department and they get transferred here?!

f**k.

so are you the Private, to the General...hahahah

1182874481_1.jpg

bet womens and childrens was looking for the polly/daddy...hahahah

who's going to the Domestic vs Imports Dyno day @ boostworx 10am tomorrow ??

yep i will be there as i have entered the dyno thingo lol.....and this time i wont need to borrow your bleed valve steve :sick:

i will try and get up there in the morning around 10 ish lol

remember you still have to drop me off back home which happens to be like 10 mins from the workshop :)

all good, i'll be there at some point around then. gotta tow my mate's jackaroo home from the spraypainters first up, so will already have the trailer on :sick:

ive heard a lot of people praise and bag Jim Berry

Really? I've never heard a bad thing about Jim Berry or his clutches. Can you give me some examples? PM if necessary.

Does he have email? I prefer to have things written down so i can reread and refer back to it.

Abe - My GTR has a Jim Berry Full Monte clutch and you got to experience how it coped with several hard launches on a hot day. Compared to the Nismo twin plate I had previously it is much easier to use, more communicative, lighter and quieter. Depending upon it's durability I'll definitely get one again.

a while ago they invented these things called pens and paper... some people find them useful, apparently jim is one of these people =P

I thought this comment was funny and appropriate. Jim is of the old school. I spoke to him for over an hour (he called me after I left a message) and I took notes of the entire conversation. I learnt a lot about clutches. Same thing when talking to Peter Hall. Get them when they have some free time, take your pen and notebook, and be prepared to learn from people with over 30 years experience (each).

f**k luke, you can be a smart arsed flamin mongrel sometimes hey?

dont know if its just me, or my general tolerance being a bit lower of late, but that didnt seem to be a necessary comment to make.

Sounds like you got some mud in your vagina Matty. There has been some of that going around on SAU lately but the others are more likely to have sand in theirs. I think it's the heat and that you missed out on the great Balgowan adventure. Next time mate.

I too have never heard a bad thing about jim berry clutches

and yes I totally understood fishpaste's post and thought it rather funneh ....

I'll stand up in his corner

..... lets do it :)

on another note, found head gasket mls 1.5mm for rb26 for ~$200 delivered. cometic.

Ive got one on the stagea rb25 and seems fine, might get one and install it to the rb26 myself.

paid for a $199 delivered alloy dual core 52mm race radiator. last night on ebay. schweet.

thought Id rather not risk the stocker. for 20min flatout sessions rather not be sorry.

might eventually also grab a tomei oil pan extension & pickup kit ~$350 delivered. need to weld into sump tho. :sick:

so, to get: head gasket, oil pan extension, nitto-style oil pump.

next time I find a grand I suppose :cheers: